SaltMoney is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn More
Education is a very important part of every student’s life. It serves as a building block to the individual’s career choices which he/she might take up later. And quality education nowadays becomes a very vital aspect in serving to the idea of landing into a job which is both worthy and finds fancy to the people’s believes and ideas. On that account, we can relate that education and employment go hand in hand.
To cater to the needs of the students to receive standard education the governments and institutes of the world have come up with many scholarship schemes to help the students both national and international level to receive good knowledge with zero to the minimal amount of fee requirement.
Scholarships range from the undergraduate level to Ph.D. level to give opportunities to all the bright minds of the world to help them grow as a person and to be able to shoulder the burdens of their future.
On the brighter side, you get to experience and venture into a whole new place and get to experience and accept the cultures and traditions of that new sphere of life, bringing out the best of both worlds.
Since most of these scholarships cover almost everything, it becomes easier for the students to stress less about paying bills on their own and focus on their studies. But these scholarships are not a piece of cake to eat, you have to meet some essential obligations to avail them and experience their perks.
The doctor of philosophy degree is the highest degree attained by a student in a particular field of interest to pursue his career in that field. To successfully commence the completion of this program a lot of research and studies has to be done which ultimately adheres to the use of student loan to maintain the financial aspects of the period of study, in such circumstances the use of scholarship aids seems helpful to cover the financial aids of those students who might be unable to comply to them.
In this article, we’re gonna take a deep dive into the 5 most sought scholarships that are available for pursuing a Ph.D. in an international arena and the required criteria for availing them.
- Great Doctoral Scholarships In Education
- Find Free Money For School With Scholarship Search
- 100+ Ways To Get Rid Of Student Loans
- Why You Should Learn The Language of Financial Aid
- Tips & Tricks For Writing A Scholarship Essay
- Marketing Scholarships
- Public Health Scholarships
- Super Entrepreneurial Scholarships
- Top Masters Scholarships
Top Ph.D. Scholarships For International Students In 2020
The Daad scholarship or the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst scholarship program is a German student exchange program funding students in the due course of time of their stay in Germany.
This scholarship along with exempting the students from their tuition fees also tends to their airfare, health, accommodation expenses by providing them with a monthly allowance to cater to their needs.
- English Proficiency Test(TOEFL/IELTS)
- GRE/GMAT score
- A visa and a passport
- Having a legitimate bachelor’s/ master’s degree.
- Enrolled in a designated university or institute in Germany.
2) Commonwealth Scholarship & Fellowship
The Commonwealth scholarship program is a program initiated by the U.K government for the underprivileged students of commonwealth countries who show extreme talents in their study of interest.
Around approx, 800-1000 students are given the chance to avail this scholarship and tend to their dreams. It covers all the expenses starting with tuition fees, travel fare, accommodation and also gives a monthly allowance for provisioning with living expenses.
- A valid passport.
- English Proficiency Score test.
- Acceptance letter from a potential supervisor.
- Must be a citizen of a commonwealth.
- Need to possess an undergraduate and bachelor’s degree to qualify for studying in the field of Ph.D.
- Citing valid reasons for undertaking this scholarship due to financial troubles.
3) Fulbright Scholarship
The Fulbright scholarship program is an initiative taken by the U.S government to cover the financial costs of international students who show exemplary performance in their respective fields. This scholarship program covers all the disciplines of academics that students get to conduct in the various universities and educational institutes situated in the provinces of the U.S.
From about 155 participating countries candidates who apply for The Fulbright scholarship every year, only a few best selected get to avail this scholarship which covers their tuition fees, air ticket, living accommodation.
The various requirements and eligibility criteria required to access this scholarship are-
- In possession of Official Transcripts.
- Online or Paper Application proof.
- Letters of Recommendation by the concerned authorities.
- A qualifying GRE score.
- English Language Proficiency Score test (TOEFL/IELTS).
- GMAT Teat for pursuing research in business studies
- The candidate must have completed a 4-year bachelor’s degree or any such educational qualifications considered equivalent to that of the U.S with a minimum percentage of 55 from a recognized university.
- The candidate must have enrolled her/himself in any U.S university before applying for the grant.
4)EIFFEL Excellence Scholarship
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship program is launched by the French government to all its international students on the basis of their merit characteristics in their academic field of studies. This scholarship covers all the living, travel, health expenses in the due course of the scholarship time.
- Candidates must not be of France or have French nationality.
5) KONRAD – ADENAUUER-STIFTUNG Scholarship
Konrad- Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship sponsored by the German government. This scholarship is for all international students but special importance is given to those countries with whom the German government has a special relation to further elevate their ties for political benefits.
- Basic Knowledge of the German language.
- GRE/GMAT score.
- A visa.
- International students who are planning to stay for a master/Ph.D. degree
In this article, we found that the above-mentioned scholarships mainly cover all the fundamental expenses of living in the stipulated time period in a destined country.
These scholarships not only provide a pathway for the students to find the desired employment opportunities in their desired field of interest and provide all the necessary information for the further enhancement of their career, but it also sees to the social development of a person and the intercultural exchange of ideas, thoughts, and beliefs to build a better community.
Thus, if you are dreaming to study in your dream country and meet the eligibility criteria mentioned in these scholarships, possessing all the necessary documents then you are just a click away from making your dream come into a reality.
I lead product content strategy for SaltMoney. Additionally, I’m helping our broader team of 4 evolve into a mature content strategy practice with the right documentation and processes to deliver quality work.
Prior to Instacart, I was a content strategy lead at Uber Eats and Facebook. Before that, I was a content strategist at SapientNitro, helping major Fortune 500 brands create better, more useful digital content.