Last updated: March 6, 2018
Salt supports the following browsers:
Salt supports the latest version of Google Chrome (which automatically updates whenever it detects that a new version of the browser is available). Salt also supports the current and previous major releases of Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari on a rolling basis. Each time a new version is released, we begin supporting that version and stop supporting the third most recent version.
Similar to many popular websites, Salt only supports modern browsers. The decision to do so was based on several factors including the improved security and performance that these browsers provide. Viewing the Salt site in older or non-compatible browsers may result in irregular display or reduced functionality.
Salt supports the following operating systems:
- Windows 7 and 8
- Mac OS
Salt is available on mobile devices:
Salt utilizes a responsive web design methodology to support site usage for iOS and Android mobile screen sizes for phones and tablets. Due to the rapid introduction of new mobile devices, display quality and functionality may vary.
Salt Courses require Adobe Flash Player version 10.3 or later. You can download Adobe Flash, or determine which version you have, here. Make sure your internet browser allows websites that utilize Flash. You can also add the Salt Courses URL (https://saltcourses.saltmoney.org) to your browser’s list of websites that can utilize Adobe Flash.
How to access/update Flash:
- Open Chrome.
- Select the three dots at the top right of your browser, and select "Settings."
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and select "Advanced."
- Select "Content Settings" in the "Privacy and Security" section.
- Select "Flash."
- Enable the “Ask first (recommended)” selection.
- Under "Allow," select "ADD" and enter https://saltcourses.saltmoney.org.
- Close Chrome, and log on to Salt to access your course.
- Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Select the "Tools" cog in the top right of your browser.
- Select "Manage add-ons."
- Select "Toolbars and Extensions" on the left side.
- Select "Shockwave Flash Object" from the list.
- Select "Enable," then "Close."
- Close IE, and log on to Salt to access your course.
Other browser requirements for Salt Courses, by operating system:
- For Windows: Internet Explorer 8 and later, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For Mac: Safari 7 and later, Google Chrome for Mac (latest version)
- For Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 7 and later, Google Chrome (latest version) in Android OS 4.1 and later
To determine what version of Chrome you’re using:
- Open Chrome.
- Select the three dots at the top right of your browser.
- Hover over "Help."
- Select "About Google Chrome."
Section 508 Compliance Statement
With Salt, students and alumni can take control of their student debt and manage their finances successfully. To help as many people as possible do this, we are committed to ensuring our services are accessible.
In support of this, we have tested the Salt website against current accessibility and usability best practices, including those developed for compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act and Americans with Disabilities Act. We recognize that accessibility and usability evolve with technological advances, and as they change, we will continue working to meet these standards to the maximum extent possible.
We welcome any ideas or comments that help us improve the accessibility and usability of our website. If you have any difficulty using this site, please email us at email@example.com.