SaltMoney is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn More
Scholarships allow you to cover education costs for free. Find awards you qualify for based on your hobbies, interests, academic background, and more with the Salt scholarship search engine.
What You’ll Learn
- How to qualify for scholarships.
- Which scholarships you may be eligible for.
- Where to learn more about these awards.
“Free.” “Money.” Have two more beautiful words ever sat side-by-side? We don’t think so. Seriously—scholarships are like student loans you never have to repay. Still, many students never apply for them.
Don’t be one of those students.
The Salt® scholarship search engine includes over 3.6 million awards worth more than $14 billion. Let us identify the ones that work for you! Just answer a few questions, and our service provider (Unigo Group) will find your best scholarship matches.
Now, going through all those scholarships takes time! Hang in there once you complete your profile. Your results may take up to 30 seconds to appear.
Different types of scholarships for college
If you want a scholarship, then you should know that there are different types of scholarships that you can apply for. So, here I will put all the different types of Scholarships with a little bit of description about them.
- Scholarships based on the field of study. If a student has decided which stream is going to join before applying for a college. Then it will help them to get a scholarship by shortlisting the Scholarships based on their stream.
- Scholarships for college students. Whether you’re an incoming freshman or are already in college, there are scholarships specifically for undergraduate students. As you continue your studies and try new extracurricular activities in college, you might be eligible for more scholarships you weren’t originally qualified for. Don’t forget to revisit college scholarship opportunities.
- Scholarships for graduate studies. Finding graduate school scholarships is just as important as finding free money for undergraduate studies. There are many scholarships specifically for graduate students that you can apply to.
- Scholarships based on hobbies. There are all kinds of unique scholarships out there. You can search for scholarships based on your skills, activities, and interests.
Where to find college scholarships
There are many sources to help you search for free college scholarships based on the type of scholarship you’re looking for.
- The financial aid office in any university/college
- A high school counselor
- Free scholarship tools
- Organizations (such as professional associations) related to your field of interest
- Federal agencies
Remember, scholarships are free money for college, so apply to as many as you can. And don’t hesitate as you don’t have to pay any kind of fees/charge for applying.
I lead product content strategy for SaltMoney. Additionally, I’m helping our broader team of 4 evolve into a mature content strategy practice with the right documentation and processes to deliver quality work.
Prior to Instacart, I was a content strategy lead at Uber Eats and Facebook. Before that, I was a content strategist at SapientNitro, helping major Fortune 500 brands create better, more useful digital content.