college—and beyond.Money knowledge for ®

Already Have An Account?

Please provide a valid email that is no more than 64 characters long.

One More Thing ...

Please confirm the following before we create your account.

First NameLast NameYear Of Birth

Is this information correct?


We're Sorry ...
Unfortunately, you are ineligible to join Salt® at this time.
This window will close automatically.

Forgot Your Password?

Just give us your email address.

Please provide a valid email that is no more than 64 characters long.

Still need help? Contact Us

Thank you.

Please check your email for password reset instructions.

All Done

Create Your Free Account

Please enter your name.
Please enter your name.
Please provide a valid email that is no more than 64 characters long.
Your password should be between 8 and 32 characters long.

Please select your year of birth.
This field is required.
Need help? Contact Us.Already registered? Log inLog in.

Your Salt account is now being created...


    Loan Discharge Application: School Closed

    Updated: July 8, 2016

    How To Qualify

    The entire school or location must close, and you cannot continue in a similar program at another school through a teach-out program by transferring your credits from the closed school to a new school or by benefiting from the training provided by the closed school.

    You would not be eligible if your school just terminated your program.

    What You'll Need

    Proof of enrollment within 120 days of the school closure.

    Eligible Loans

    The following loans disbursed on or after January 1, 1986, may be eligible:

    • Subsidized Stafford loans
    • Unsubsidized Stafford loans
    • Grad PLUS loans
    • Parent PLUS loans (eligible only if the student that the loan was borrowed for is eligible)
    • Perkins loans

    Where To Send This Form

    Submit this form to your loan holder. If you don’t know who that is, you can go to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS®) to find out.

    Download Now

    Solicitud de Condonación de préstamos: Cierre de Institución Educativa

    Actualizado: 8 julio 2016

    ¿Para qué sirve?

    Si tu institución educativa cerró mientras estabas inscrito y no pudiste transferir tus créditos a otra, puedes condonar tus préstamos.

    ¿Qué necesitas?

    Comprobante de inscripción.

    Descargar Ahora

    Was This Useful?

      Complete Your Salt Courses Profile