Best Laptops For Revit In 2022 [Expert Recommendations]
The world of gadgets is changing pretty fast.
Look around you, and you will find plenty of technical gadgets launched around you to provide you. As a professional involved in a domain like architecture, engineering, etc., you need a standard laptop.
Now, a lot of users still don’t have clear ideas on what exactly is a standard laptop? Unfortunately, you’re definitely not amongst them while you’re planning to buy the best laptops for Revit software in 2022.
There’s a common misconception among the users. They think that the definition of the best laptop is all about its look and feel, image quality price.
It's undeniable that while purchasing a laptop, these are some of the key aspects, but there are certain pivotal factors involved while it comes to buying only the best laptops for running Revit software.
Running high-end 3D modeling graphics on your laptop is not possible while you’re expecting to run Revit software in it. So apart from its aesthetic look and feel, comfort factor, technical specs are equally important.
A software like Autodesk revolt needs a high-end graphics card for designing a structure or model on your laptop. If your system configurations are not up to mark, you can’t expect your laptop to run Revit software quickly.
To run heavy software like Revit AutoCAD applications or Solidworks, you need a fast computing speed, an ultra-powerful 9/10 the generation iCore 7/5 processor, minimum of 8-16 GB dedicated DDR4 RAM memory.
Apart from dedicated DDR4 RAM storage, you need graphics integrated video RAM of around 2-4GB for running those heavy .exe applications. So if you’re curious to know about the laptop models you’re planning to buy, the following list may come in handy for you in many ways.
- List Of Top 10 Best laptops For Revit In 2022 — Detailed Reviews
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
List Of Top 10 Best laptops For Revit In 2022 — Detailed Reviews
1. MSI GL65 Leopard
- 15.6" FHD IPS-Level 144Hz 72%NTSC Thin Bezel close to 100%Srgb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8G GDDR6
- Intel Core i7-10750H 2.6-5.0GHz Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201(2 x 2 ax)
- 512GB NVMe SSD 16GB (8G*2) DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets Max Memory 64GB
MSI’s name comes on the top of your buying list if you’re looking for a durable and powerful processor memory for running Revit software. This multitasking processor comes with an Intel Core i7 10750H CPU that has 2.6GHz speed memory.
The additional NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 GPU comes with an in-built 8GB GDDR6 VRAM. That reduces the chances of an app crash on your laptop.
The incredible cache cleaning capacity of your processor memory never lets junk files take unnecessary space in your laptop processor memory. In addition, the 512MBNVMe SSD storage is quite spacious for storing maximum files, and other .exe run files quickly.
The 16GB dedicated RAM memory is upgradeable up to 64GB. That adds a chunk of space to your solid-state hard drive. With MSI laptop models running AutoCAD or REVIT software is easy.
You can connect your laptop with the other online software tools and plugins to modify, edit, and redesign your model's architecture pattern. Artificial Intelligence integrated enhanced graphics is smart to draw and model multiple images and figures on your laptop.
The 52% faster gaming performance is something that gamers love to accept. Apart from gaming, MSI laptops come with mighty GeForce RTX graphics slots for powering up your 3D or 2D models' speed.
Ordinary graphics co-processors may not provide an option for a user to check and edit the minute details while framing an architecture model. Apart from the processors and GPU memory, MSI laptops are also known for their wireless and connectivity devices.
The USB 3.1 Gen 2, Type C, and 1 USB 3.2 Gen 1 are an outstanding choice to connect with other external gadgets. In addition, the 720 p HD Webcam assures magnificent display while video chatting.
If you need a client’s approval to proceed further with your 3D or 2D model, the outmatched HD Webcam is just you need to connect with your client via Zoom or other video calling apps.
The 10 multi-language giant speakers are a perfect choice for sounder. Be it gaming or about developing anime videos, the speakers will never disappoint you. Its ultra-clear audio quality assures a theatrical feel while running the applications.
- Core 7 10th generation processor memory + GPU memory for a speed up to 52%.
- RGB keyboard for smooth gaming with dragon center optimization technology.
- The higher single-core frequency for better-enhanced performance.
- Ultra-powerful Lithium-ion battery.
- 144Hz IPS level thin Bezel display.
- High FPS for high definition gaming, 3D architecture modeling.
- No Thunderbolt USB ports.
2. Acer Predator Helios
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 5.0 GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness &...
Need a powerful laptop for running Revit or high graphics-intensive gaming? Then the name of Acer predator Helios comes on the top of your buying list.
Professionals who are into designing and modeling need powerful processor memory for running diverse graphics-intensive applications. Unfortunately, ordinary laptops fail to perform such functions due to low processor memory.
With Helios, you can barely expect such things. The Predator series is specifically designed for running all those heavy graphics involving applications that other laptop manufacturing brands can’t even think of.
Curious to know why?
The 10the generation Intel Core processor has i7 6Core processor memory that provides a speed up to 5.0 GHz. The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GPU + GDDR6 6GB dedicated VRAM takes the entire burden to launch high graphics involving activity in your laptop.
The mid-range budget of the laptop won’t cost you an arm and a leg if you’re planning to get one! The total HD display screen measures not less than 15.6 inches, with a widescreen LED-backlit IPS display.
The 144Hz refresh rate and 3 ms overdrive response time come with 300nit brightness with 72% NTSC. In addition, the dual-channel 2933 Mhz 16GB DDR4 RAM memory gives maximum space to store, download, and save your bulk files.
The 512 GB, NVme SSD slot is available for storing additional memory in your storage. In addition, the 4Zone RGB backlit keyboard gives you a feel of non-stop gaming and running diverse graphics involving programs in your system.
Outstanding memory backup, backlit keyboard, quickly running high-definition architectural models by using software like AutoCAD, Revit, etc., are just a part; there are a lot more than that in the Helios Predator model.
Its wireless killer double Shot Pro is AX 1650i 802. It has a facility to connect with Wi-Fi 6 Support. The killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 has DTX ultra audio support.
The 4th gen Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan is an additional complement for cooling your heated CPU by launching a heavy graphics-intensive .exe application.
- Bluetooth connective technology.
- Powerful Direct X 12 advanced graphics control for high definition gaming and 3D graphics-intensive modeling.
- 144Hz refresh rate.
- Ultra-fast 10th generation iCore 7 processor with Killer Control Center 2.0.
- Wireless AX1650i component for ultra-fast gaming and architectural design framing.
- USB 3.2 Type C Gen. 1 and Gen.2 port.
- Excessive usage of your VRAM GPU memory might be harmful to your laptop.
3. Microsoft Surface Book 2
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8650U (quad-core) with up to 4.20 GHz Max Turbo
- Memory: 8GB RAM 1866Mhz LPDDR3
- Storage: 256GB Solid State Drive. Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 discrete GPU w/2GB GDDR5 graphics memory
The name Microsoft is not only limited to software only now. Since the company bought NOKIA, the name of Microsoft is involved with phones and various other models. Recently they entered laptop manufacturing too.
The 8thh Gen Intel Core i7 8650U Quad-Core processor gives a speed up to 4.20 GHz. In addition, the 8GB LPDDR3 RAM memory assures a speed of 1866 Mhz.
The 256GB SSD graphics have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 discrete GPU memory, particularly for running heavy .exe files. The w/2GB GDDR5 graphics memory is quite sufficient for running graphics-intensive tasks.
The 13.5 inches Pixelsense display comes with a 10 Point Multi-touch G5 system. The facility provides you a scope to choose a wide array of controls in the laptop while running heavy .exe graphic-intensive tasks.
Professionals involved with AutoCAD and Revit consider the name of Microsoft Surface Book 2 in their buying list because Microsoft Surface Book 2 earned the name architect’s toy because of its diverse utility.
The detachable screen of the laptop turns it into a notebook/laptop, depending upon the usage. If you’re working on a particular design, detach the display screen simply from the keypad. Then, use it in the form of a notebook.
The smart digital Surface Pen and the Surface dial is an added complement to it. Use it as you want while drafting an architectural design in your system. Get the client’s approval for it and analyze it carefully. If everything seems fine, carry on with your work and attach the detachable keypad while sending the complete work via mail.
The Surface Precision Mouse is designed for enhanced accuracy while drawing or drafting a unique model. You feel like your fingers are flying on the comfortable backlit keyboard that has high precision, all-glass trackpad.
The power supply in Microsoft Surface Book 2 comes with a lithium polymer battery. In addition, the 1 TB SSD storage facility adds sufficient space to your system memory.
- Powerful Quad Core 8th generation processor meant for multi-tasking purposes.
- Turbo speeds up to 4.20 GHz with cool smart additional accessories like Surface Pen, Dial, and Precision mouse.
- Dedicated LPDDR3 8GB RAM memory + 256 GB SSD drive for storing chunk data files.
- Powerful NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 GDDR5 graphics memory.
- Multi-touch G5, 13.5 inches 10 point pixel sense display.
- Available to access in 4 different smart, trendy mode- laptop, tablet, Studio, and View mode
- The old versions may affect your system configurations after downloading the latest version of the Windows system update.
4. HP Pavilion Power
- INSTANT GRATIFICATION – Experience a laptop with premium performance, so you can spend less time getting more done; it’s like a...
- EPIC ENTERTAINMENT – With audio by B&O, a larger screen-to-body ratio, and a 15.6-inch Full HD micro-edged screen to maximize your...
- IMPRESSIVE GRAPHICS – The Intel Iris Xe Graphics gives you a new level of graphics performance with crisp, stunning visuals, plus the...
Pavilion Power from HP is popularly known for its spacious dual memory power and 11th Gen iCore 71165G7 processor. If you’re looking for a processor memory for running high-ending games and graphics-intensive tasks, then this is the one that you need.
Unlike other laptops that repeatedly crash while running high graphics-intensive tasks, HP Pavilion CPU memory gives 2.8 GHz memory speed. In addition, the 15.6 inches display screen that’s full HD gives you a feeling that’s no less than any home theatre.
Apart from its powerful processor memory, the Intel Iris XE graphics processor adds stunning visual effect while running AutoCAD and Revit software applications.
In ordinary laptops, memory storage becomes one of the significant problems while saving massive data. But HP Pavilion never gives one such scope of complaining for a user.
The 512GB PCle NVMe SSD storage adds sufficient space without letting the junk files consume up to unnecessary space in your system. The dedicated DDR4 16GB RAM memory too plays a significant role by letting you save mass files in its hard drive. Accessing them is easy; post with a single click.
Other laptop brands may take time to run an application. Still, with HP Pavilion, you can expect the app to launch and execute the command instantly once you expect the application to respond in your system.
Coming to the other features as well. The powerful lithium-ion battery of HP Pavilion comes with a durable battery life that exists for up to 11 hours. That’s quite impressive.
While other laptop batteries may not last for a long time, the HP Pavilion batteries work for a long time. The battery gets charged from 0-50% within 45 minutes, thereby increasing the life span of your laptop battery backup.
Some users prefer a thin and light laptop that's easy to carry. Well, HP Pavilion 15 definitely comes under one such category. So, if you need a thin laptop, then this one must be on your preference list.
- 1-year warranty on the HP hardware.
- Ultra-powerful CPU processor and Intel graphics processor memory.
- Enhanced connectivity options: Bluetooth 5.0 + Wi-Fi 5 support.
- Precision touchpad with numeric pad and integrated keyboard.
- 1 year of HP hardware warranty coverage.
- Portable and easy to carry.
- No additional Video RAM for graphics support.
5. Lenovo Flex 5
- Thin, light, and stylish – This 2-in-1 laptop weighs just 3.64 pounds and is only 0.82" thick. It's soft and comfortable to the...
- The 10-point, 14-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS touchscreen allows the Lenovo Flex 5 14" 2-in-1 laptop to be comfortable, fun, and easy to...
- The 360⁰ hinge lets you use your 2-in-1 touchscreen laptop in whatever mode works best for you; Use it in 'Laptop' mode for everyday...
Whenever users look for laptops, they always take a good look into the processor memory. If the CPU processor requirements don’t meet their requirements, they may not buy the laptop even.
Are you one of those who usually take the laptop processor memory before purchasing a laptop? Then the Flex series from Lenovo must be on top of your buying preferences.
Lenovo has always been the primary choice of laptop users who need a good graphics memory and a powerful processor in a combo deal. In fact, this particular laptop model must be your first preference if you’re into the architectural model designing profession.
While other laptop models may hesitate to launch heavy .exe files or run graphics-intensive software, this model gives you ample scope to run AutoCAD, the Revit software.
You can also download the online plug-ins needed for designing and modeling a 2D or 3D structure. In addition, the digital pen provided with these Lenovo models helps you to edit and re-modify the images in your Lenovo laptop.
If you need to re-work them, you might ask the client to get his/her feedback. Based on the feedback provided, you may mark those areas where you need to re-do. Then, with the smart digital pen, you can re-edit those by using your laptop as a tablet.
The 360 degrees fully convertible display screen rotates completely to the opposite side of the keypad. So if you don’t need the keypad, you can access the display screen with the digital pen as a tablet.
Wondering about the look and feel of Lenovo Flex? Well, if that’s what you’re thinking, then Flex 5 must receive your special attention. This particular laptop model has a sleek and aesthetic look that turns it lighter than the other laptop models.
If you’re planning to carry it from one place to another, this one must be on the top of your preference list.
- Ultra-powerful AMD Ryzen 5 4500 processor + Radeon graphics memory.
- Dedicated 16B DDR4 memory + 256GB SSDstorage.
- An active digital pen comes with Lenovo to frame, sketch, and design 2D and 3D models.
- 14 inches FHD IPS display screen is converted into a tablet, laptop, tent, and stand mode.
- Lithium-ion battery life that exists up to 10 hrs.
- 4 side narrow bezels for adding unique image quality to graphics-intensive images
- Some models may not have the recently updated versions of Windows 10 OS.
6. MSI GV 62 from MSI with GTX 1050Ti
- Display: 15.6" Full HD eDP IPS-Level 45% NTSC | Operating System: Windows 10
- Processor: New Intel Core i7-8750H 2.2 - 4.1GHz (6 Cores)
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti 4G GDDR5
MSI is one of the leading names for laptop manufacturing brands all over the world. Though they’re into manufacturing desktop and laptop, primarily they’re known for manufacturing graphics cards and motherboards.
One of the uniqueness of MSI laptops is they’re meant for high-end gaming and graphics-intensive tasks. Therefore, professionals involved with 3D modeling and architectural designing activity must consider the MSI laptops as their prime choice.
Most of the users are mistaken while selecting the right model of the MSI laptop series. For example, they often confuse the younger brother GV62 with the GL65 Leopard or with the GL 62M.
The elder siblings of MSI are quite costly, whereas the younger sibling comes within a budget of just 1000-1200 USD$. So if you plan to buy an MSI laptop, then the GV62 model is a brilliant addition to your buying list.
This model is known for its uniqueness, and according to some technical geeks, they outpass its other elder siblings, too, in many ways. While the other models are costly ones, this one is cheap and within the price range of 1000-1200 USD $; it offers you an Intel Core i7 8750 H processor.
The processor speed at times reaches up to 4.12 GHz, which’s up to 6 Cores. In addition, the powerful graphics memory card from NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti has an inbuilt 4G GDDR5 VRAM. One such Video RAM provides additional power for running high-defined gaming files, Revit plugin software, and graphics-intensive tasks.
If high space consumption is one of the biggest problems that you’re dealing with with your present laptop, then MSI must be on the top of your buying priority list.
This particular model from MSI comes with an additional memory storage unit that comes with 128GB SSD + 1TB storage. In addition, the memory of your system RAM is upgradeable up to 32 GB.
That gives maximum space in your laptop for storing sufficiently huge files. Accessing them never becomes a problem as the 2400 Mhz speed at 5400 RPM fetches launches and runs a heavy .exe application almost instantly for you.
- 15.6 inches” full HD display screen, advanced Bluetooth 5.0 technology.
- Maximum memory is up to 32 GB.
- Red backlight steel series keyboard available in it.
- Unmatched memory space: 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz speed with 2 different sockets + 4GB DDR5 dedicated VRAM storage + 128 GB Storage + 1TB SSD.
- Cooler Boost 4 ultra-smart cooling technology to prevent your system CPU from overheating.
- 8th Generation 6Core CPU that gives 20% faster performance in your system
- No Thunderbolt USB port provided.
7. Dell Inspiron 15 5000
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U Quad-Core Processor (8MB Cache, 1. 8GHz Up To 4. 0 GHz), 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB SSD
- 15. 6-Inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Touchscreen LED-Backlit Display, Intel UHD Graphics 620
- 2 x USB 3. 1, 1 x USB 2. 0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Combo Headphone / Microphone Jack, 1 x RJ-45
Looking for a Dell laptop that comes with a 15.6 inches display screen? Then the name of Dell Inspiron comes first. The 8th generation Intel Core i7, 8550 U Quad Core Processor of Dell laptop, clears up to 8MB cache.
It provides a speed of up to 1.8GHz. Apart from its powerful CPU processor, Dell laptops are also known for their latest graphics coprocessor.
Though this particular laptop model is not suitable for running high-end gaming applications, this model is quite suitable for architectural design and 3D modeling.
If you’re worried about your storage memory, then Dell Inspiron is a brilliant fit for your buying preferences. The Dell laptops are quite reliable for storing multiple files without any technical problem.
The Inspiron’s 16GB DDR4 RAM memory is quite sufficient for all such tasks. However, it’s not the only hard drive storage available on the laptop. Apart from the 16GB DDR4 dedicated RAM, you have access to 512GB SSD storage in your laptop.
The 15.6 inches FHD touch screen with a 1920*1080 backlit display gives you a feel of the best color resolution while editing or viewing high graphics-intensive images and video quality.
Apart from these, the Dell laptop comes with USB 3.1, 2.0, and 1 HDMI cable. That’s another purpose of choosing a Dell Inspiron laptop for 3D, 2D modeling, and drafting architectural design.
Some laptops have system configurations that often take hiccups while running, downloading, or launching plugins. Some even take hours to connect the updates of Revit software. With Dell Inspiron, you can put all those worries to an end.
The super-fast processor memory takes seconds to run the heavy .exe apps or launch a Revit application on your laptop. In addition, its brilliant cache cleaning technique never allows junk files to consume unnecessary space in your system memory.
The Bluetooth 14.2 stereo speaker with MaxxAudio processing is another interesting feature of the Inspiron series. Coming to portability, unlike the Dell Inspiron i5577, the 15 5000 weighs around 4.84 pounds, whereas its elder sibling is significantly heavier than this one.
The multimedia card slot provided in it accommodates wireless connectivity options too. One such option includes 802.11 ac Wi-Fi connectivity.
- 8th generation powerful CPU Quad-Core processor with 8MB cache cleaning speed.
- Speeds up to 1.8Ghz.
- Ethernet, 802.11 ac Bluetooth 4.2.
- In-built HD Webcam with a microphone.
- 16GB powerful RAM memory for multitasking purposes + 512MB SSD blended storage space.
- Powerful 42 W lithium-ion battery.
- No Thunderbolt USB port.
8. New Apple MacBook Pro
- Ninth-generation 8-Core Intel Core i9 Processor
- Stunning 16-inch Retina Display with True Tone technology
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
Apple’s MacBook Pro comes on the top of your buying list while you’re searching for a laptop that has maximum storage capacity! But, unfortunately, laptop users often find it hard to consider Apple as a reliable laptop for professional purposes.
But the fact is, Apple laptops are known for their global reviews. Professionals who’re into image and video editing prefer a laptop that has maximum storage capacity. Ordinary laptops may not have sufficient storage for storing huge chunks of heavy files.
With Apple MacBook Pro, all such worries come to an end. The 9th generation 8Core i9 processor provides ultra-fast speed. In addition, the stunning 16 inches Retina display with True Tone Technology gives the effect of actual color resolution.
Sometimes high color contrast adds a negative impact to a design. The smart Touch Bar and Touch ID provided helps you adjust the color effect in your designs.
However, you can edit and change the designs wherever necessary if you don’t find it ideal for your designed model as well. In addition, the AMD Radeon Pro 5500M graphics memory comes with dedicated GDDR6 VRAM for high definition gaming and advanced AutoCAD and Revit application.
It suitably supports the 8 Core processor for taking heavy workloads while performing a task. The 8TB SSD storage is another benefit of Apple MacPro models. One such capacity makes it one of the bestselling notebooks in the market.
If budget is something you’re planning to overlook, this one is a smart addition to your buying list. The upgradeable system memory of up to 64GB assists you in running multi-tasking files in your system effortlessly.
The six-speaker sound system assures unbelievable sound output. Such output is quite impossible to find in the similar laptop models of other brands available in the market for sale.
You must be thinking that a laptop performing all such high graphics-intensive tasks and still its CPU does not get overheated? To resist overheating, the manufacturers of Apple already prepared an advanced thermal architecture for easily cooling down the processors.
The 35% larger heat sinking technology provided in this laptop series comes with an additional 28% increased fan-air flow while a high CPU+GPU memory processor-consuming task process is ongoing.
The ultra-smart thermal cooling technology makes sure that none of your internal processors gets affected at all.
- DDR4 64GB upgradeable memory, suitable for multi-tasking.
- One-stop option for editing, billion-pixel images, and running virtual machines.
- Ultra-powerful GPU- the ultimate powerhouse of 8GB high bandwidth memory.
- AMD Radeon processor gives3.5x faster speed than ordinary processors.
- Sleek, stylish inverted T keyboard for better typing and easy stroking.
- 6 additional speaker sound systems with dual force canceling smart woofers.
- A bit pricey, it might not be possible for all to acquire it.
9. Acer Nitro 5 Powerful Laptop
- 9th Generation Intel Core i5-9300H Processor (Up to 4.1 GHz)
- 15.6 inches Full HD Widescreen IPS LED-backlit display; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory; 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 slots - 1 slot open for easy upgrades) and 1 - Available hard drive bay
Not every company is into manufacturing laptop models, desktop screens, accessories, CPU memory, etc., for the users. Acer is definitely one of those who’re into manufacturing laptops, desktop screens, accessories and CPU processors, etc.
That’s one of the reasons behind the popularity of the Acer models in the market. The 9th generation Intel Core i5 9300 H processor gives a speed of up to 4.1 GHz.
The 15” inches full HD screen comes with an IPS LED-backlit display for getting the right color resolution quality. You might not get an accurate color effect in ordinary laptop models after designing or editing a model.
With Acer, you don’t have to worry about those. The Acer Nitro 5 series is primarily meant for high-definition gaming purposes. As a result, a gamer will barely have a chance to find color differences in the image and video quality.
Similarly, if your job domain is associated with architectural design and modeling, this laptop provides maximum scope for you to frame your designs on high graphics consuming 3D model designing platforms like AutoCAD, Revit, etc.
The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics memory has dedicated 4GB GDDR5 VRAM for running heavy .exe files. With one such powerful processor memory, the heavy .exe files won’t even cause a single glitch to your laptop.
The 256GB NVMe SSD adds sufficient space to your hard drive for storing huge data files. In addition, the laptop model comes with additional M.2 slots, which are upgradeable too.
Ordinary laptops may not give proper attention to the durability factors in a laptop. With Acer models, you don’t have to worry about those. The Wireless Wi-Fi 6 support connects with the available LAN devices almost instantly.
Sometimes the processor memory of your laptop may get heated up while you’re running high graphics-intensive tasks. The Acer laptops come with Cool boost technology for reducing the heat in your CPU processor.
The twin fans and dual exhaust ports help you to connect multiple gadgets with your Acer laptop for transferring data and other important confidential information within seconds.
- Comes with a dual exhaust port.
- Killer NVIDIA GTX 1650 processor for unlimited gaming.
- Ultra smart CoolBoost technology to optimize CPU heat.
- Dedicated nitro sense WASD key with Acer TrueHarmony for enhanced sound effects.
- Compatible with Alexa-driven AI algorithm.
- Ultra-long 8 hrs lithium-ion battery life.
- A bit difficult to carry, as it’s quite heavy than ordinary laptop models.
10. Asus TUF FX505DT Laptop
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB graphics (base: 1395MHz, Boost: 1560MHz, TDP: 50W)
- Quad-core AMD Ryzen 5 r5-3550h processor
- 15.6” 120Hz full HD (1920x1080) IPS-type display
Gaming laptops have always been the primary choice of maximum gamers who’re fanatic about online gaming. If you’re one of those, then the name of the Asus FX505DT series must be on the top of your buying list.
The Quad-Core AMD Ryzen 5 r5 3550h processor provides unbelievable speed for running high graphics-intensive tasks. However, if you’re one of those who have witnessed laptops facing app crashes or .exe files failing to load in your system, then Acer must be the icebreaker for compelling you to believe that running multiple files isn’t that difficult at all.
Acer’s multi-tasking ability helps you to run .exe files with 1395 MHz speed. In addition, the 1560 MHz turbo boost avoids unnecessary space consumption in your system.
The 15.6” inches 1920*1080 IPS display with RGB keyboard outmatches the display screen of ordinary laptops. That’s another advantage of relying on Asus for running HD games and huge app launching.
Apart from its powerful processor memory and GPU memory, the 256GB NVMe SSD slot provides ample space for storing bulk files and other exe. Run file applications. If you think that’s not sufficient, what are you worrying about?
There’s ample space in the 8GB DDR4 RAM for storing another chunk or bulk of huge data files safely anyhow! So that’s another reason for choosing Acer laptop models for running architectural designs and other 3D modeling software programs.
The military-grade STD 810 standard construction is an added advantage of the Asus laptops. As the name suggests, TUF gaming, indeed the Asus FX 505DT m, model is meant for tough gaming and for high graphic intensive multi-tasks.
The anti-dust technology in this laptop is and leverage. The dual fan anti-dust cooling technology comes with an RGB backlit keyboard and is spectacularly prepared for 20 million strokes.
Not all laptops have a NoneEdge display screen. While it comes to Asus, the IPS FX505DT display screen comes in a compact package. The wide-angle view of your display screen is another added advantage for visualizing the graphics-intensive images and video quality from an extreme position.
- Extremely portable, the FX505 DT series is meant for TUF gaming.
- Runs with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics card.
- AMD Ryzen processor with powerful CPU for multitasking performance.
- Thermal fins for better durability and stability.
- Ultrafast file transfer speed- comes with USB 3.0, 3.1 (Gen 1 and 2) Type C.
- Dedicated DDR4 8GB RAM storage+ Gigabit Wave 2 Wi-Fi 5 support.
- Weighs a bit heavy - 4.85 pounds in comparison to other models.
After browsing through all these laptop varieties, by now, you must have realized the importance of choosing the best laptops for running Revit software. But still, if you’re getting certain queries in your mind, we would love to solve those queries, too, for you.
Before proceeding further, let us take the pleasure of briefing ourselves:
After spending 10+ years in laptop maintenance work, we finally decided to share the first-hand technical knowledge we have gained with the newbie buyers of laptops. Unfortunately, in maximum cases, this has been seen that buyers with limited knowledge often end up buying the wrong laptop model for themselves.
For bridging your needs and buying choices, we took time to frame the list of best laptops for Revit software in 2022. In addition, we took the review of the prime buyers of Amazon, Affiliate marketing gurus, and other reputed product websites ranking in the top search results of Reddit, GoogleMyBusiness Reviews, Amazon, etc.
We have blended our ideas into the product list so that selecting the right laptop always turns easier for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which is the best laptop for Revit?
Laptops with proper cooling features, maximum CPU, and GPU processor memory are always your first choice when running Revit software. The list of those best laptops for Revit in 2022 are:
Acer Nitro 5 (a budgetary pick)
Asus TUF Gaming FX505 DT model (suitable for online gaming)
Lenovo Thinkpad P53 (suitable for running Revit workstation)
Surface Book 3 (portable laptop with detachable screen)
Lenovo Thinkpad P53 (suitable for running Revit workstation)
Acer Aspire 5 (with AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Processor)
2. What are the required specifications for running Revit on your laptop?
In order to Revit and the updated versions of AutoCAD 2022, you need the following features:
Operating System - 64 bit Microsoft Windows 10
CPU Type single/Multi-Core/Xeon or iSeries processor
A minimum 8GB RAM memory
Video display resolution and Video Adapter
Never overlook these features while you’re searching for the best laptops for running Revit in 2022.
3. Is 16 GB RAM sufficient for running Revit?
A 16 GB RAM is needed for running any high graphics-intensive tasks. In the advanced versions of AutoCAD and Revit, the laptop might be needed for performing multiple tasks.
16 GB RAM memory is sufficient to open and work with a single project. However, the file size must be up to 700 MB. Then only you must consider it as the perfect laptop for Revit in 2022.
4. Can my laptop run Revit?
Your laptop can run Revit software only if it has some of the following specifications:
Single or multiCore Intel Pentium
Must have an AMD processor
Should come with SSE 2 technology
Provide 18 core CPU capacity for photorealistic graphics-intensive tasks
5. For what purpose is Revit software being used?
Generally, Revit is a program software that’s needed for running high ending graphics-intensive applications. It's a BIM software needed by architects, engineers, and contractors to frame a 3D or 2D model. A laptop with advanced configuration settings for running AutoCAD and Revit software must have a powerful CPU processor and GPU memory for running the high space and memory-consuming applications in your laptop smoothly.
If you’re searching for a laptop that comes with powerful CPU + GPU memory, you need to choose the best laptops for Revit software. Ordinary laptop configurations may not match the technical requirements needed for running Revit AutoCAD modeling and architectural designs.
If you’re headstrong about buying only the best laptop for running Revit software, you must spend time browsing the buying guide before choosing one such laptop for yourself.
You may, however, consult the product list we have shared for choosing the best laptops to run Revit in your system before taking the final buying decision. In addition, if you are a computer science student looking for a laptop specifically for your profession, we recommend you read this guide.