Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own. Read more about Affiliate Disclosure
If you are a law student pursuing your college degree in a subject like legal studies, then you need to access management software for law practice. Management software like PracticePanther, MyCase, and ClioManage are essential tools needed for running those program applications.
Law students usually prefer laptops that have high security, maximum storage space, exceptional internet security, and access to cloud-based apps. In addition, the laptop must be able to handle and run heavy Exe program files and clean the unnecessary junk cache files quickly.
The laptops with some of these above-mentioned processors always come in the category of best laptops for law school students to buy in 2021.
Law students need to note multiple legal case study materials, drafts, and sometimes they have to maintain the details of their client firm’s legal history.
Sometimes the students need to track the bill payment, expenses, and calendar expense management. For that, they need a powerful CPU+GPU memory to run the program applications almost effortlessly, just like the budget gaming laptops.
To enlist only the best laptops available for online sale, we took time to review multiple review websites like Reddit, Amazon, and other technical sites like Wirecutter for running our full-proof research work.
Buying a product from our list of the best laptops for law school students in 2021 adds momentum to your decision, as it adds value to every dollar you spend on buying one such laptop.
- 1 Top 10 Top Laptops For Law School Students In 2021 — Reviews
- 2 Best Laptops For Law School 2021
- 2.1 1. Dell XPS 13 Infinity Edge
- 2.2 2. Apple MacBook Pro
- 2.3 3. HP Spectre 360
- 2.4 4. Microsoft Surface Book 3
- 2.5 5. Lenovo Yoga 730
- 2.6 6. Dell Inspiron 14 5400
- 2.7 7. LG Gram 15
- 2.8 8. Acer Swift 3
- 2.9 9. Asus ZenBook 13 Ultra-Slim Laptop
- 2.10 10. Google Pixelbook Chromebook
- 2.11 11. Apple MacBook Air
- 2.12 12. Lenovo Ideapad L340
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions (Best Ones)
- 4 Final Words
Top 10 Top Laptops For Law School Students In 2021 — Reviews
|Dell XPS 13 Infinity Edge
|Check On Amazon|
|Apple MacBook Pro
|Check On Amazon|
|HP Spectre 360
|Check On Amazon|
|Microsoft Surface Book 3
|Check On Amazon|
|Lenovo Yoga 730
|Check On Amazon|
|Dell Inspiron 14 5400
|Check On Amazon|
|LG Gram 15
|Check On Amazon|
|Acer Swift 3
|Check On Amazon|
|Asus ZenBook 13 Ultra-Slim Laptop
|Check On Amazon|
|Google Pixelbook Chromebook
|Check On Amazon|
|Apple MacBook Air
|Check On Amazon|
Real Budget Choice
|Lenovo Ideapad L340
|Check On Amazon|
Best Laptops For Law School 2021
- Dell XPS 13 Infinity Edge
- Apple MacBook Pro
- HP Spectre 360
- Microsoft Surface Book 3
- Lenovo Yoga 730
- Dell Inspiron 14 5400
- LG Gram 15
- Acer Swift 3
- Asus ZenBook 13 Ultra-Slim Laptop
- Google Pixelbook Chromebook
While looking for a laptop for law students in 2021, you always look into technical features like memory capacity, storage capacity, and cache cleaning capacity. Unfortunately, by overlooking some of these factors, you might be wasting your dollars to buy a laptop for yourself.
For avoiding such mistakes, scroll down the list of available laptops for sale to run Law school management program software smoothly.
- 13.4" FHD (1920 x 1200) InfinityEdge Touch Anti-Reflective 500-Nit Display
- 11th Generation, Intel Core i7-1185G7 Processor (12MB Cache, up to 4.8 GHz)
- 16GB 4267MHz LPDDR4x Memory Onboard, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
Looking for 6-8GB RAM memory with an i7 10710U processor? Then Dell XPS 13 Infinity Edge must be on the top of your buying list. DELL laptops are known for their durable, sturdy design and outstanding finishing touch.
As a law student, you need access to billing and management platforms like Clio and Bill4Time. A laptop with 32GB RAM and a capacity to process data at a speed of 3733 MHz is suitable for meeting your needs.
The powerful processor fetches multiple spreadsheets quickly needed for running the legal software smoothly. In addition, the multitasking 16GB onboard flash memory fetches maximum .exe heavy files easily.
The outstanding Infinity Touch Display has a 13.3” inches screen and has an 80.7% screen-to-body ratio. In addition, the 1TB M.2 PCle NVMe solid-state drive storage is an added advantage for storing the additional files needed for running those MyCase, ClioManage applications on your laptop.
Though this particular model of Dell might not be suitable for running gaming applications, its Intel Iris Plus GPU boosts up the program files you run on your laptop. In addition, the 1920*1200 digital display screens have sharper viewer angles on your laptop.
The XPS 13 honored progressive technology is matchless in front of the other laptop manufacturing companies available in the market. In addition, the powerful 13 inches HD webcam helps you connect with your clients and your teachers for taking legal suggestions while working on critical law projects.
The 512GB SSD unit guarantees prompt boot-up and restarts the system after taking auto-update. In addition, the laptop supports advanced versions of Windows 10 configuration settings.
The Infinity Edge next-generation DELL cinematic ambiance gives you a feeling that is no less than the ambiance of a theatrical feel. In addition, the laptop’s multi-touch support system can make quick adjustments and run additions in the sheet without accessing the keyboard or the touchpad.
The Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection screen guarantees protection to your laptop from external damages and sudden shocks.
- 360-degree screen turning facility provided.
- 10th generation processor.
- Excellent port arrangement.
- Appealing aesthetic display.
- Lightweight in comparison to other laptop models.
- 2 USB 3.0 ports and 1 USB 2.0 port with Bluetooth feature enabled.
- It might not be suitable for gaming purposes.
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Get more done with up to 20 hours of battery life, the longest ever in a Mac
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 2.8x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever
MacBook Pro’s name comes on the top of your buying list if you’re looking for an iOS laptop for your law school project. The name Apple is a brand that needs no further introduction.
The powerful processor of the product fits for meeting your diverse project requirements. Often buyers try to compare MacBook with that of the other laptop manufacturing brands like Lenovo, HP, Acer, etc.
But the fact is, Apple exceeds all of them in many ways. The dynamic, powerful performance of Apple laptops is globally acclaimed. The AMD Radeon Pro 5300M GPU is a smart fit for graphic-intensive tasks.
Apart from running legal program applications, the powerful GPU memory is a smart addition for rendering a first-hand gaming experience to the users.
The Intel Core processor + added multithreading technology is perfectly smooth for multi-tasking purposes. That assures glitch-free performance while running exe program files on your laptop.
The 1080p external display 4K workflow is quite effective in running heavy exe files smoothly. Moreover, the additional 4GB VRAM fetches high graphics-intensive files easily.
Whether you’re playing games or running MyCase management software, it runs without any technical error. In addition, the 16 inches Retina display produces 500 nits brightness, which’s sufficient to identify the differences between real and reel picture quality.
Coming to other technicalities, the 35% heat sinking technology never lets your processor heat up while launching heavy program applications. The instant cooling effect never lets the processor memory bother such minor issues.
The enhanced 28% airflow in the processor keeps the processor memory cool while launching the exe program applications. The Quad-Core processor of MacBook Pro provides 2.1 times better performance for running 3D modeling, CAD, audio, and video editing software applications on your laptop without any technical disruption.
The 16GB RAM is quite reliable for running legal program software like PracticePanther, OneHub, Shape software without any hiccup. The powerful 512GB SSD memory loads MacOS Catalina faster than the CPU memory of other laptop brands.
The reading speed of the RAM memory is matchless in comparison to the other laptop manufacturing brands. If speedy performance, extraordinary graphics memory, and ultra-fast processor memory are all you’re looking for then, this one must be a smart addition to your buying list.
- Up to 64GB upgradeable memory.
- 4.3 X faster than 16 GB.
- AMD Radeon Pro 5000M series potent GPU + i7 Intel Core Processor.
- Durable wireless web battery, lasting up to 11 hrs with 8GB high bandwidth memory.
- 4 Thunderbolt 3 USB C Type port.
- Magic keyboard with refined scissor mechanism, aesthetic inverted T keyboard keys.
- No option to upgrade the storage memory.
- 【Upgraded】RAM is upgraded to 32GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once. Hard Drive...
- 【Processor】AMD Ryzen 7 4700U 2.0GHz Octa-Core Processor up to 4.1GHz, AMD Radeon Graphics
- 【Screen】15.6" Full HD IPS Anti-glare Micro-edge WLED-backlit Touchscreen (1920 x 1080) Display, Multitouch-enabled, Edge-to-edge...
As a legal professional, if you are accessing a cloud-based software like Practice Panther for storing and saving client billings and payment, a good CPU processor memory is mandatory.
Ordinary laptops hang, crash while fetching cloud server-based software. One of the worst scenarios with your existing laptop is that the CPU cache memory is often overburdened with junk files.
With HP Spectre 360, running those program files isn’t that cranky anymore. Its 8th generation Intel Core i7 8565U processor memory never compromises with file crash, system glitch, etc.
The added NVIDIA GeForce Mx150 GPU is an added catalyst for running the exe files smoothly. Additionally, the Windows 10 OS supportive laptop comes in a dark ash color. One such look adds aesthetic presence to your laptop.
The dedicated DDR4 16GB 2400 SDRAM is sufficient for storing and saving bulk files easily. In addition, the wide vision FHD IR camera comes with an integrated dual array digital microphone.
The matchless sound quality assures HD quality sound effects during a live ongoing video call or conference. The Hexacore processor chipset gives a turbo speed of 4.5GHz. The single-core chipset runs the spreadsheets and massive datasheets smoothly.
This model of HP easily runs cloud software without any technical glitch. Sometimes too much space consumption might stop your CPU or GPU from running flawlessly in your system. But that never comes as an option with HP Spectre.
The 512GB SSD runs, reads, and writes the heavy exe files exceptionally. The added benefit of one such dual-channel RAM is its upgradeability. The Windows 10 Pro OS is pre-installed with HP Spectre series laptop models.
Apart from the image pad, multi-touch gesture support, the inbuilt 2GB dedicated VRAM helps GeForce MX 150 dedicated GPU to render the feel of an incredible gaming experience.
The Bang & Olufsen speakers are an added audio boost in maximum HP laptops. In addition, the ultra-portable laptop runs with a 6 cell lithium-ion durable battery. The long-lasting battery life is an added benefit of HP Spectre models.
- Ultra-thin design, easy to carry.
- Hexa Core i78565U processor for running heavy .exe program applications.
- NVIDIA GeForce MX 150 GPU memory for running high ending graphics+ integrated 2GB VRAM.
- Smart touch options with the wide keyboard.
- One USB Type C and USB 3.1 port with an added HDMI cable option is provided.
- Battery backup lasts for 17.5 hrs at a stretch.
- Quite heavy- difficult to carry single-handedly.
- Clean, Elegant Design: Thin and light, starting at just 2.79 pounds, Surface Laptop 3 is easy to carry
- Choose from rich tone-on-tone color combinations: new Sandstone, plus Matte Black, Cobalt Blue, and Platinum
- Improved speed and performance to do what you want, with the latest processors: Surface Laptop 3 is up to 2 times faster than Surface...
Looking for a reliable laptop with an impressive graphics integrated interface and better power for fetching heavy .exe files without any technical crash?
Then the name of Microsoft Surface Book 3 must be on the top of your buying list. Its 10th generation processor has a decent GPU+CPU memory. In addition, the IntelCore i7 1065G7 processor has a multi-tasking ability.
That makes it easier for your Surface Book 3 to run heavy program software after connecting with a cloud server. In addition, it guarantees your system runs smoothly without any technical crashes.
The turbo boost speed of 3.9 GHz is sufficient for running heavy app files and downloader files in your system storage without a single crash or glitch. That makes your system run the heavy file applications smoothly without a single problem.
Its NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Max Q has added 4GB VRAM for running heavy graphic intensive game applications. If you’re expecting to run software that’s accessible via a cloud server, then the laptop is a smart addition to your buying list.
The powerful GPU memory is a smart option for running gaming applications. Apart from running game .exe heavy application files, the graphics memory provides additional assistance in cloud computing.
The inbuilt VRAM is an added advantage for fetching .exe program files in your system while running the program applications. Apart from its extraordinary GPU and CPU memory, the laptop’s 256 GB SSD module for running heavy software and apps at a lighting speed.
That’s pretty amazing, though, as not every laptop manufacturing brand provides one such storage capacity. In addition, the 13.5 inches display screen is color accurate.
Testing the image quality of any high graphics-intensive program helps you understand your graphics image quality’s true color impact. In addition, the lower TDP assures minimum heat generation as the laptop has ultra-powerful heat optimizing options in it. That denies your CPU from heating up quickly.
- Sturdy and durable appearance- thermal layout.
- USB Type-A and Type C ports available.
- Available in multiple color options- New sandstone, Plus Matte Black, Cobalt Blue, and platinum.
- Appealing 13.5 inches touch screen with powerful GPU for ultra-fast gaming.
- Easy access to browse Microsoft Edge, safe to store legal documents and files safely in OneDrive cloud server.
- Battery backup up to 11.5 hrs.
- Storage memory can’t be upgraded.
- 【8-core AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Processor】 AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Processor (2.0GHz based, Up to 4.1 GHz, 8 cores, 8MB Cache). Give you the...
- 【13.3" FHD IPS Touch Display】13.3-inch full HD (1920X1080) IPS Touch 300 nits Display. Gives you the space and clarity you need to...
- 【16GB RAM】Adequate high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs at the same time. It gives you...
Lenovo Yoga 730 must be on your top buying list if you’re looking for a laptop that comes with a WiFi 5 connectivity option. Apart from its sturdy and aesthetic design, the Lenovo Yoga 730 comes with a 360-degree hinge that unfolds the option to unfold the screen to the same level as your keypad.
That’s another advantage of using Lenovo Yoga 730. The laptop’s power-efficient i7-8550U processor fetches the online storage servers easily. Unlike other laptop models that take time to connect to online cloud servers, this one needs less than a minute for connecting with Clio manage, PracticePanther software.
Fetching the data from those cloud servers and then downloading it offline is also no big deal. The outstanding 512 GB SSD module is sufficient for storing your offline data files on your laptop.
Accessing them is no big deal. The 16GB dedicated DDR4 memory can easily read, write, and run the program files you’re planning to run in your system. But, wait, that’s not all! The laptop comes with an additional backlit keyboard for typing comfortably.
The additional trackpad and a fingerprint scanner strengthen the security of your device. You can’t expect a third person to access your laptop without your consent. Isn’t it an amazing one?
The 2400 MHz memory speed never takes time to run and load heavy files together. The most interesting part is you don’t need to wait for running one application and wait for it to respond for running a separate application.
The multitasking ability of the system configuration helps you to access multiple files at a time almost effortlessly. That’s Lenovo 730 belonging to the Yoga series.
Both the wireless and wired connectivity of this laptop is also quite interesting. Its wireless Bluetooth and Wi-Fi 5 connectivity connect the available local area network instantly after switching it on.
- Portable than the HP laptop models- as maximum HP models are quite heavy to carry.
- It comes with 16GB RAM- that’s multi-tasking.
- Long-lasting battery life- that runs up to 11.5 hrs.
- 1920*1080 screen resolution quality.
- 15.6 inches variant display screen of your laptop is an added benefit.
- An additional fingerprint scanner is provided.
- It might not be suitable for high-end gaming.
- 14.0-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) WVA LED-Backlit Convertible Touchscreen
- 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor (12MB Cache, up to 4.7 GHz)
- 12GB 3200MHz DDR4, 512 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
Looking for a reliable 2 in 1 convertible laptop that’s easy to access in tablet mode as well as access to use the backlit touch screen display?
If that’s your requirement, then Dell must be your first priority. The Dell Inspiron 14 5400 brings the picture quality of your display screen back to life. The outstanding cinematic effect adds a matchless picture quality to your display screen.
The visual effect of cinema streaming on your laptop looks no less than any movie hall while the movie mode is on. The i7 1065G7 processor is exceptionally outstanding for powering up the performance of your laptop.
The Quad-core CPU has a turbo clock speed of 3.9 GHz, which cleans your system cache files quickly. In addition, its exceptionally flawless single-threaded performance connects the offline server storage compartments with online cloud servers within seconds.
Apart from its powerful turbo clock boost speed, the 12GB dual-channel RAM is quite multitasking. Moreover, the 512 GB Solid State Drive can store and save maximum data file backup in its storage and instantly launch them when the user clicks the run application to access those in his/her system.
The model of DELL Inspiron is a smart fit for the buyers because the model is available within 1000USD$. Furthermore, the 360-degree rotating screen can be used as a notebook as well as a table for viewing movies and browsing social media sites.
Though the Intel integrated GPU memory may not run heavy exe game file applications, it’s suitable for smoothly running general-purpose file applications.
The 14 inches wide-angle screen display is quite improvised one from the other laptop models with an IPS display screen. The backlit keyboard, fingerprint scanner, long-lasting battery life that lasts up to 11.5 hours is quite an effective one.
That makes it quite exceptional in respective comparison to price and quality with the other laptop models belonging from the same price and class.
- 10th generation ultra-fast and powerful processor.
- Outstanding turbo speed that reaches up to 3.9 GHz.
- Easy to connect with wireless connectivity options available- supports WiFi 6.
- Strengthens security with a fingerprint scanner.
- Quite innovative and improvised thermal scanner provided.
- Durable lithium-ion battery with Thunderbolt USB ports.
- Some users may not like the highly sensitive finger touch print scanner.
7. LG Gram 15
- 14" WUXGA (1920 x 1200) IPS LCD, with DCI-P3 99% color expression
- Intel Evo Platform Powered by 11th generation Intel core i5-1135G7 Processor with Intel Xe Graphics delivers performance for...
- 8GB LPDDR4X 4266mhz RAM delivers a high level of performance for memory-intensive content creation, designing, editing, and...
Are you looking for durable battery life? Then LG Gram 15 is a smart fit in your buying list. The durable battery life runs for 17.5 hrs without any obstacle.
As a law student, you may not require high graphics memory in your system for accessing cloud server integrated applications. But you might need a reliable processor memory for running an online cloud storage server.
While ordinary laptop processors might fail you repeatedly while launching one such application, the LG Gram 15 will never do so. This is because its i5 10210U quad-core processor runs at 4.2GHz.
The sleek notebook has integrated 8GB RAM memory for running chunks of files faster than usual CPU memory. In addition, the 512 NVme SSD drive storage is quite effective in running your program applications in the long run.
The Windows 10 OS reboots quickly than any other laptop model. Apart from its powerful system memory, the 15.6 inches display screen has exceptional viewing angles.
The IPS panels on the top of your display screen come with a 1920*1080 pixel resolution. So playing .avi audio or video application gives you the feel of no less than a movie theater at all.
This particular LG model comes with a standard backlit keyboard, DTS:X audio speakers, an HD webcam, and a responsive trackpad. So if you’re looking for a laptop that comes with all these features along with serviceable microphones for enhanced sound quality, then LG Gram 15 should be on the top of your buying preference list.
The clubbed fingerprint sensor is an added advantage for lawyers and students who’re particular about their system security. One such strong security helps students to maintain privacy protection in their laptop models.
The LG Type A and Type C Thunderbolt port, standard HDMI cable port, along with WIFi 6 connectivity option. The laptop model comes with a 5.0 Bluetooth option too.
The portability of the gadget is another reason for choosing one such laptop for yourself. The lightweight chassis is 2.40 pounds. Moreover, the battery backup of the laptop is meant for long 21 hrs usage.
- It comes with a 10th generation processor- i.e., I Core5 10210U.
- 512GB SSD storage in your laptop.
- Maximum scope to run heavy exe program files with 16GB DDR4 RAM.
- 80 WH lithium-ion battery that’s long-lasting.
- Comes with a fingerprint scanner, WiFi 6 support.
- Wide-angle view stellar display
- No Thunderbolt 3 port option available.
“If the durable battery is something that’s on the top of your buying wish list, then add LG Gram 15 in your buying list.”
8. Acer Swift 3
- AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Octa-Core Mobile Processor (Up to 4.1 GHz) with Radeon Graphics; 8GB LPDDR4 Memory; 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 14" Full HD Widescreen IPS LED-backlit display (1920 x 1080 resolution; 16:9 aspect ratio)
- Intel wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX200 802.11ax; HD webcam (1280 x 720); Backlit keyboard; Fingerprint reader
Looking for a laptop that’s integrated with Microsoft Office Suite 365? Well then, you need a reliable laptop like Acer Swift 3 that comes with a mighty CPU processor memory.
The Acer Swift 3 processor comes with Octa-Core Ryzen 7 4700U processor, which is sufficient for running cloud computing-based online accounting, maintaining the client’s business accounts, case file management, etc.
Ordinary laptops with low CPU memory may not have adequate memory speed for running those heavy .exe applications. So running an Office Suite 365 integrated online storage server appears an added benefit for those ordinary laptop models.
But with Acr Swift 3, those problems never come as an option even. That’s because Acer Swift series models have integrated AMD RADEON graphics memory to support the system configurations for loading and running those heavy .exe applications smoothly.
One of the biggest benefits of Acer Swift 7 is its compatibility with Alexa. The Alexa compatibility feature in this laptop helps you connect, fetch data files, and run and play music audio files on your laptop as per your custom requirements.
Be it about running a game file, music audio file, or fetching your MyCase, PracticePanther file, command the device as per your custom requirement. The AI, readable system configuration settings, will instantly integrate with your Alexa to run your command prompt.
The multi-tasking platform comes with 1TB storage capacity and SAAS-specific billing; time management is known for many reasons. The fingerprint scanner, usable Webcam-microphone combo option, and class-leading acoustic setup is an added option in this particular laptop model.
Finding a replacement of the same features in other models can be a challenging one indeed. However, the 2.65 pounds gadget is portable, easy to carry, and quite comfortable to operate.
Type C, USB 3.2, Gen 2, USB 2.0, and other functional slots remain at the helm. In addition, the Wi-Fi 6 support powered intel configurations in this notebook are a smart addition to your slim budget.
- Ultra-powerful AMD Ryzen 4700U Octa Core mobile Processor.
- Turbo boosts speed up to 4.1 GHz.
- Cleans up to 8MB L3 cache.
- HD Widescreen IPS LED-backlit display.
- Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics.
- USB Type C port and Type-A Port, WiFi 6 support.
- No Thunderbolt port available.
- 13.3 inch wide-view Full-HD NanoEdge bezel Display
- Intel Core i5-8265u Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.9 GHz)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD and 8GB LPDDR3 RAM
If you’re one of those buyers who’s very particular about the screen length, then the Asus Zenbook must be on the top of your buying list. The Ultra-slim laptop with 13.3” inches ultra-slim wide view angle has an i5 8265U processor.
The incredible processor can take a speed up to 3.9 GHz. Apart from its durable processor, the 6M cache cleaning system never leaves any scope unattended to avoid junk files piling up your system file memory cache.
The junk files are often a reason for reducing your CPU memory speed by making it slower with Asus Zenbook, which never comes as an option at all.
That’s because ZenBook from Asus comes with fast storage and memory features 512GB PCle M.2 SSD. The 8GB integrated dedicated LPDDR3 RAM connects with an HDMI cable.
The HDMI connectivity with USB Type C Wi-Fi 5 support is not easy to find in other laptop brands belonging to the same series. That’s another reason to easily choose the ZenBook 13 from Asus for connecting with MyCase, ClioManage cloud server.
The sleek and lightweight 2.5 lbs laptop is undoubtedly your primary choice since you’re looking for a laptop that’s easy to carry and comfortable to operate.
By the word comfort, you will be pleased to know that Asus ZenBook has a durable aluminum body that makes the device comfortable and easy to carry.
The competitive micro SD card reader has faster USB flash memory for transferring documents and files reasonably. In addition, the 1920*1080 pixels display screen comes with NanoEdge bezels along with the backlit keyboard.
One such keyboard is an added benefit with unmatched security. The unparalleled security comes with an added Fingerprint scanner along with a one-touch smart access tab option. The USB port available with the laptop is also known for its unique ports.
The Type C port has an HDMI SD card reader and Wi-Fi 5 support for offering enhanced comfort while using the laptop from the Asus series. However, finding a replacement for this laptop with all these options provided on the same budget might not be easy.
- Intel HD 620 graphics coprocessor + i5 8265U processor.
- Easy to connect and access ample online cloud storage servers for accessing legal software.
- Hassle-free access to spreadsheets and other online applications effortlessly.
- Tackles daily tasks with a minimum amount of 80% of the battery life.
- 8GB integrated RAM size.
- Ultra smart Bluetooth with 802.11b/n/ac, with 2.5 pounds weight.
- Some users might find the quality of Webcam not up to the mark.
- Good to Go: Pixelbook Go lets you stay unplugged for up to 12 hours  so you don't need to carry a charger. And when you do need a...
- Made to move Pixelbook Go is lightweight - Barely 2 pounds It's 13 millimeter thin with a grippable design making it easier to carry...
- Get it done Fast: Pixelbook Go starts up in seconds and makes working a breeze. The 8th Gen Intel Core Processor is quick and...
If you’re running under a tight budget, then Google PixelBook must be on the top of your buying list. But, of course, Google Chromebook tops your buying list because PixelBook belongs to a reliable Chrome OS version.
Choosing ChromeBook is always a sheer advantage for maximum students pursuing their higher studies in a subject like law. One of its amazing features is incredible battery backup.
The outstanding battery backup charges quickly within 20 minutes. It exists for up to 2 hours smoothly. The lightweight gadget is a smart choice for those who need to access multiple browsers to remain connected with an online server storage account.
In short, you might also call it a full-fledged Google Chromebook notebook too for storing your important documents, files, and notes in your system. The system configurations are incredibly outsmarted ordinary notebook cum laptops.
Its ultra-smart IntelCore i5 8220Y chipset comes with a dual-core processor that has a turbo speed of up to 3.9 GHz. That’s sufficient for running heavy Exe file applications almost effortlessly.
As a student of law, you might have to save the confidential information of the clients. You might have to browse, access, and consult multiple case study PDF books for consulting in different litigation proceedings.
Don’t worry; Chromebook has got enough space to store and save those confidential files and documents in your storage device safely. In addition, its capacity to maintain low TDP reduces the heat of your processor memory easily.
The lightweight Chromebook is 13mm thin and weighs nearly around 2 pounds. In addition, the Titan C security chip and inbuilt virus protection system acts more of a shield to protect your system from hackers, malicious viruses, and security breach.
A couple of months back, multiple users lodged a complaint that Google is no longer free from hackers. Taking all such allegations as a challenge, the PixelBook Chromebook enhanced the security system in it, making the laptop 1005 safe and secure from external hackers and malicious Trojan malware.
That’s a guarantee from the entire Google family. In addition, the quiet and comfortable design of this laptop/notebook has a backlit keyboard for operating the entire system, even in the dark.
- Ultra-fast 8th generation processor.
- Minimal heat generation.
- A decent chunk of RAM is available in the Chromebook.
- Comes with a USB charging option: 3.1 USB slots and WiFi 5 MU/MIMO option.
- The outstanding enthralling screen display in 13.3 inches LCD touch screen
- Users who aren’t familiar with Google’s integrated applications interface might be disappointed.
- All-Day Battery Life – Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Powerful Performance – Take on everything from professional-quality editing to action-packed gaming with ease. The Apple M1 chip with...
- Superfast Memory – 8GB of unified memory makes your entire system speedy and responsive. That way it can support tasks like...
Being a student consisting of numerous tasks in the To-Do-list, a laptop with an optimized display is a necessity. Built with a 13.3-inch Retina display featured with True Tone Technology, Apple MacBook Air offers coherent visuals.
With a 2560 x 1600, it offers the students immersive visionary results and sharp viewing angles and text, enabling less eye stress. The processor consists of an Intel Core i3 processor, which speeds up the processor and offers fast-paced performance.
Law school students might have to operate several tabs to analyze and accumulate the data. The i3 processor hence prevents it from experiencing the slowdown while operating continuously.
A law school student is required to store innumerable large-sized documents. With a storage capacity of 256 GB (extendable to 512 GB SSD), Apple MacBook Air allows the user to store excess data without compromising or losing essential documents.
Also, 8GB RAM improves functionality and offers productive results. Regarding technical features beneficial to law school students, the laptop consists of the Magic Keyboard with backlit support.
This enables the user with a proficient typing experience. Additionally, the trackpad built is responsive enough, leading to speed typing ability and satisfactory results.
Apple MacBook Air is equipped with around 12 hours of battery life assisting the law school student in finishing the tasks efficiently. However, continuous plug-ins might hesitate the user and end up in the inability to complete work.
However, MacBook Air eliminates this disadvantage. Apple MacBook Air is considered a mobile device with a weight of 2.8 pounds and a wireless web battery. Therefore, the Student can carry it wherever he wishes to without any uncertainty.
The benefit of mobility helps to utilize the surplus time to work anywhere and everywhere. Equipped with two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) slots and a USB 3.1 port, it offers limited connectivity options. However, for a law school student, it proves to be sufficient enough.
- Truetone technology.
- High storage capability.
- Efficient battery.
- Backlit keyboard.
- Limited connectivity ports.
- No thermal cooling.
- A new dimension of gaming performance awaits - with 9th-generation Intel Core i5 processors, the IdeaPad L340 gaming has the power you...
- Take it to the next level - With the latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics behind you, you can tame the hottest titles with faster, smoother,...
- A portal to a new sound dimension - hardwired into every Idea Pad L340 gaming is advanced Dopoundsy audio technology. Take your mobile...
Lenovo Ideapad is designed with a 15.6-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080. With the wide display screen and sharp pixels, it offers excellent visuals to the user. Further, NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics provides sharp visuals as well as acute text.
While reading for long hours, the law school student will not experience an eye-stress issue with the presence of magnificent visuals. However, nowadays, amidst the technology-driven world, a student is required to store a lot of data.
Whether it be documents, assignment files, or the course study material, everything has turned digital. Hence, Lenovo Ideapad 340 fulfills the storage need with a storage facility of 512 GB SSD and 8 GB DDR4 RAM.
It can store a wide amount of data, reducing the risks of data loss. Equipped with an Intel Core i5-9300H Processor, Lenovo Ideapad L340 offers expeditious performance. It increases the performance speed and prevents lags.
Therefore, it enables law school students to work without any disruption. Regarding connectivity, it offers three USB ports that might be sufficient for law school students. The student might not require extra-loaded data files or graphic visions.
The data might be documents that can be transferred easily. A law student’s primary need is high battery backup. With the 9-hour battery life, Lenovo Ideapad L340 enables the user to work relentlessly for long hours.
It resists the user from a continuous plug-in. Further, with a weight of 4.84 pounds, it proves to be slightly heavy. This might stumble the student to enjoy over portability. On the other hand, the user-friendly build keyboard assists the student to enjoy over typing process.
Also, it helps to work over assignments and documents satisfactorily, enabling accelerated working results. The backlit in the keyboard adds to the accurate work experience.
Lenovo Ideapad L340 is built with Windows 10 Operating System that improves the functional ability, speeds up the processor rate, and optimizes the working process.
- Accelerated RAM.
- Extensive storage capability.
- Efficient battery.
- Backlit keyboard.
- Sufficient connectivity ports.
- Absence of thunder bolt-3.
- No thermal cooling.
By now, you have got a better view of the laptops you need for running legal software like Practice panther, Clio Manage, etc. But still, if there are queries popping in your mind, we would suggest you take a glimpse of the few Frequently Asked Questions associated with the laptops for law school students.
Frequently Asked Questions (Best Ones)
1. What are the minimum system requirements for laptops for law school students?
Though there is no hard and fast rule for law school students when it comes to buying laptops, however, some of these basic features will always help them to select the best laptop for running cloud server-based online legal management software; they’re:
- Battery life or longevity must not be compromised. Avoid buying those laptops that drain up to their battery percentage frequently or gets heated up easily.
- It must be a compact one to carry and easy to carry.
- Must have 6-8GB RAM storage; 1 TB is much preferable if needed. It’s better if the laptop has a cloud storage capacity.
- It must come with a long-term warranty.
- It should have a laptop display screen of a minimum of 13 inches. It’s an added leverage if it has an FHD display.
- It comes with multiple additional ports with Bluetooth and WiFi 6 connectivity.
- It has a powerful Intel Core 9 GPU+CPU processor memory. However, if you’re not looking for highly technical specifications in your laptop, you might omit the GPU specifications in your search result. But a good processor memory boosts the speed of your laptop up to 3.9 GHz.
2. What laptop should I buy for Law School?
Since you’re looking for a laptop for law school purpose, you need to choose the ones from the following list, they’re:
- Asus ZenBook
- Dell XPS 13 7390
- AppleMacBook Air/ Pro
- HP Spectre 360
- Lenovo Carbon X
- Acer Swift 3/ Acer Aspire E15- E5575
3. Do you need a laptop for law school?
It’s wise to get a laptop for yourself if you’re a student of law. The students’ main problem is that they often buy a laptop, thinking it is a great laptop for law school. Still, the lack of proper knowledge of the technical specifications often stops them from buying a reliable laptop for themselves.
That’s why it’s better to read and learn the reviews before choosing one for yourself. To make the right buying decisions about buying a laptop, you may consider spending some time in your product list to choose the right product for yourself.
4. What’s the difference between a laptop and a Chromebook?
The basic difference between a laptop and a Chromebook i that a Chromebook is a budget-friendly option and a smart alternative to a Windows laptop and the MacBook.
Some students may not afford the budget of buying a laptop. Another fact is, ChromeBook runs only on Google operating system Chrome OS; they won’t run on other OS versions of the other devices anyhow.
5. How much RAM is needed for a laptop, generally?
Though the specifications needed in RAM vary from student to student as their system configuration requirements vary from one another. A student studying law may not require the high graphics configuration and resolution needed for a student of computer science or programming.
But since you’re looking for the perfect laptops for law school, it’s better to have at least 4GB RAM memory in your system. That helps your Flash memory drive to fetch a fairly large amount of .exe system files smoothly without any ap crash.
We hope the above list of the best laptops for law school students in 2021 has helped you select the right laptop. Never be influenced by the marketers and other marketing professionals who’re trying to promote their products for selling purposes.
You yourself must judge the technical specifications of a product before acquiring it finally. If you find it reliable and genuine, then only you better go for buying it finally, as you’re always going to get the best value for the dollars you spend for yourself.