Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own. Read more about Affiliate Disclosure
As a professional, if you’re into 3D or 2D modeling, architectural designing, you need access to advanced versions of the AutoCAD application. One of the most significant problems with the professionals who’re into one such profession is finding an accurate laptop for running AutoCAD software.
Maximum users fail to choose the best laptops for running AutoCAD applications due to insufficient knowledge of laptop specifications required for running AutoCAD. Either they end up picking a laptop with limited space memory or insufficient CPU memory.
To avoid such mistakes, at first, you must have the basic technical knowledge of the best laptops for AutoCAD in 2021?
AutoCAD is a program software that’s primarily used for 3D or 2D modeling purposes. Professionals or students who’re into editing and sketching the designs need a laptop that comes with a powerful CPU and GPU memory for running heavy app files. Buying an ordinary laptop by overlooking these features is a sheer wastage of dollars.
That’s when you need a laptop with some of these technical features like:
- 7th/9th gen Intel iCore 5/i7 processor with 8-16GB RAM
- 256GB to 512GB SSD
- Minimum 15.6 inches IPS display screen
- Powerful GeForce integrated GPU processor with 2-4GB VRAM
- Durable battery life – for 4/7 hrs
- 1 Top 10 Best Laptops For AutoCAD Software In 2021 — Reviews
- 1.1 1. Asus Rog Zephyrus GU502GW
- 1.2 2. New Alienware M15 Laptop
- 1.3 3. MSI GE75 Raider 10SFS 225
- 1.4 4. Acer Predator Helios Series
- 1.5 5. HP ZBook 15G5
- 1.6 6. Lenovo ThinkPad P53
- 1.7 7. Razer Blade 15 [Best In Class]
- 1.8 8. Dell G5 Gaming Laptop
- 1.9 9. Asus TUF FX505GT Gaming Laptop
- 1.10 10. Lenovo L340 Ideapad
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- 2.1 1. Which laptop is suitable for running AutoCAD?
- 2.2 2. How much RAM do you need for running an AutoCAD application?
- 2.3 3. Do you compulsorily need a graphics memory for running AutoCAD?
- 2.4 4. Is the i3 Processor sufficient for running AutoCAD on your laptop?
- 2.5 5. What kind of graphics card is sufficient for running AutoCAD?
- 3 Final Words
Top 10 Best Laptops For AutoCAD Software In 2021 — Reviews
- Asus Rog Zephyrus GU502GW
- New Alienware M15 Laptop
- MSI GE75 Raider 10SFS 225
- Acer Predator Helios Series
- HP ZBook 15G5
- Lenovo ThinkPad P53
- Razer Blade 15 [Best In Class]
- Dell G5 Gaming Laptop
- Asus TUF FX505GT Gaming Laptop
- Lenovo L340 Ideapad
You’ll come across plenty of laptops in the market, which is a smart fit for running AutoCAD software. But the real catch is to find a suitable laptop for running AutoCAD smoothly in 2021.
That’s why we took the genuine problems in count that users often face while running AutoCAD in ordinary laptops. While analyzing the problems they faced with ordinary laptops to run AutoCAD, we made an effort to examine the features provided in the best laptops for AutoCAD software and finally came up with the following list. Let’s take a look through those laptop models,
1. Asus Rog Zephyrus GU502GW
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB GDDR6 (Base 1080 MHz Boost 1305 MHz TDP 90W)
- Latest 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H Hexa-core Processor
- 240Hz 3ms 15 6” Full HD (1920x1080) IPS Type Pantone Validated Display
For running high CPU intensive 2D and 3D modeling tasks, you need a powerful iCore 7 9750H processor memory. The HexaCore processor in Rog Zephyrus GU502GW is quite powerful that assures a turbo clock speed of 4.5GHz.
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q has 8GB VRAM with GDDR6 memory for running heavyweight hybrid gaming sessions, advanced AutoCAD designing at a speed of 1080 MHz Boost.
With the other laptop models finding one such feature might be a bit of a challenge for a user. Whereas with the ROG GU502W model, that never comes as an option.
The metal chassis frame of this particular laptop model makes it comfortable and easy to connect with the available local area network connection points at the office, home, cafeteria, etc., wherever you feel comfortable to work from.
Some users often have to rush to the service centers after finding their processor memory RAM giving trouble while running any of the heavy graphics-intensive tasks. Overheating can be a major reason behind one such technical dispute.
With the Asus Rog Zephyrus series, you will barely find one such instance happening with you. The ROG intelligent cooling thermal system comes with dual 12V fans.
The anti-dust technology and the adjustable fan operation modes reduce your processor’s heat level by turning it cooler. The RGB backlit keyboard gives you a feel of incredible gaming while enjoying intense gaming sessions.
The ultra-slim design of the laptop is an added benefit for carrying it in a bag. The 4.4 pounds laptop is quite effective for carrying it from one place to another.
Now coming to the additional memory storage unit provided in your laptop. The 16GB DDR4 dedicated RAM storage is quite spacious for saving chunk data files.
If you think that’s not sufficient, worry not! The 1TB PCle SSD is an added back up for saving heavyweight hybrid program files in your system memory.
- Heavy-duty HexaCore CPU processor memory.
- Powerful GPU memory for graphics-intensive tasks.
- Incredibly brilliant sharp display.
- A huge chunk of available storage files + added PCIe NVMe storage unit.
- Powerful and brilliant 15.6” inches screen display unit.
- Super-fast thermal cooling technology for reducing the chances of your CPU processor getting overheated.
- The older model versions may have minor disputes- better to look out before placing the final order.
2. New Alienware M15 Laptop
- High-end materials like magnesium alloy, copper and steel provide a premium, lightweight and performance-driven gaming experience with...
- Our fastest panel yet offers 300Hz 300nits 3ms Full HD for smooth, high-speed motion graphics
- Alienware Cryo-Tech optimizes component cooling, which maximizes overall performance and keeps your laptop cool to the touch
If you’re particular about your laptop’s processor memory, then the name of Alienware m15 must come on the top of your buying list. There are two versions of this laptop model from New Alienware.
It’s a smart option to buy the latest one for yourself. That’s because the older version comes with NVIDIA RTX 2060 with a dedicated VRAM of 6GB, whereas the newest version comes with super powerful NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 dedicated 8GB VRAM memory.
So this one is a far better option than that of the previous version. In the newest version, you have a scope to enjoy the powerful VRAM memory, but the previous one may not provide you one such option.
That’s not all! The sturdy construction of this model is another plus point of this laptop. The high-end material used for manufacturing its whole body is something that’s quite admirable.
The entire covering is of magnesium alloy, copper, and steel. The lightweight and high gaming performance is the contribution of its powerful iCore 7 10750H 10th generation processor.
So, whether you’re running a high graphics intensive task or editing a 3D or 2D modeling architecture, everything launches and runs super smooth and fast. The 300Hz turbo speed gives amazing performance.
Now that’s an added benefit of buying the M15 laptop, as one such speed helps you to clean the junk files from your system cache instantly. The Alienware Cryo Tech used in it optimizes component cooling.
It maximizes overall performance easily. The cool touch technology used in New Alienware keeps the temperature of the CPU optimized to avoid overheating. The display screen is another plus point of this Alienware model.
The buyers quite praise the FHD display screen. Its 3ms response time, 100,000:1 ratio, 60Hz ratio. However, you’ll be pleased to know that the weight of the laptop is not more than 4.65 lbs, which is quite lighter than the older version of the New Alienware laptop.
- 10th generation powerful processor with unbelievable turbo speed.
- Weighs less than 4.65 lbs.
- Sturdy and durable construction made of magnesium alloy.
- 16GB DDR4 RAM memory + 1TB PCLe with added M.2 SSD.
- Smart component cooling technology.
- 4GB RGB ken rollover.
- Performance may vary with the older versions of the model.
3. MSI GE75 Raider 10SFS 225
- 17.3" FHD (1920x1080), 300Hz 3ms, IPS-Level NVIDIA GeForce RTX2070 Super 8G GDDR6
- Core i9-10980HK 2.4 - 5.3GHz Killer Wi-Fi6 AX1650 (2*2 ax)
- 1TB NVMe SSD 32GB (16G*2)DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets; Max Memory 64GB
As a professional, if you’re into architectural designing and framing 3D or 2D models, choosing a laptop from the MSI series is always going to be a wise option.
That’s because, unlike other ordinary laptop models, the MSI series is specially developed for high definition gaming purposes. Maximum users have confusion when it comes to buying MSI laptops.
Most of them prefer the GE75, and some vouch for the GS65 stealth gaming laptop. As a newbie buyer, if you’re planning to buy an MSI laptop, it’s better for you to choose the GE75 Raider model because its 10th generation i9 10980 HK processor is far better than the 7th generation i79750 H processor.
The GeForce GTX 2070 graphics memory of MSI GE75 Raider has an in-built super 8GB VRAM. At the same time, the GS65 NVIDIA model has GeForce RTX 2060 graphics processor memory with in-built 6GB GDDR6 RAM.
That makes the latest version of the MSI laptop series much better than before. The 17.3 FHD IPS display screen of MSI laptops are suitable for running high graphics intensive images.
Suppose you’re involved in a profession where you need to edit and choose the color contrast of the 2D or 3D models, then the GE75 Raider suits you best. Apart from its wide display screen, the laptop memory comes with a 1TB NVMe SSD storage unit.
The 32GB DDR4 RAM has a speed of 2666 Mhz can literally launch heavy Exe file applications without disturbing any of your ongoing performances. There are reports of ordinary laptops frequently crashing while trying to run heavy exe applications.
With MSI laptops, such frequent system crashes never happen frequently. The Wi-Fi 6 support provided in it helps you to connect with the local LAN almost instantly. That’s another added advantage of buying a GE75 model for yourself.
If the GE75 model’s price barely bothers you, MSI GE75 must be your primary choice for running AutoCAD applications on your laptop.
- Comes with 10 multi-language speakers with giant woofers.
- 10th generation 8Core performance, giving a performance boost up to 50%.
- Assures a speed of 5.3GHz turbo.
- AI-driven powerful graphics with powerful NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 GPU memory.
- 300Hz refresh rate + Dragon Center technology for optimizing your system configurations.
- RGB backlit keyboard for enhanced gaming performances.
- The multitasking performance of the laptop may vary with the older version of the MSI GS65 model.
4. Acer Predator Helios Series
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 5.0 GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness &...
Helios hails from the family of Acer, which’s primarily known for manufacturing heavy-duty laptop models. This laptop model is known for its ultra-fast and powerful CPU processor with i7 Core 10750 H 6Core processor.
The processor memory gives a speed up to 5.0 GHz. The overclock featured NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 processor with 6GB dedicated GDDR6 VRAM runs the heavy gaming files smoothly.
If you’re a game fanatic, it’s time for you to say “get, set and vroom vroom”! Professionals who are into 3D and 2D modeling will always find this laptop model perfect for running heavy exe graphics-intensive tasks.
Sometimes, you might have to edit and redesign the models if the designs are not approved. Worry not; this 6Core processor memory won’t take more than a few seconds to fetch a heavy exe file and get your laptop connected with online plugins related to AutoCAD advanced applications.
Coming to the other technicality of this laptop model. The 15.6” inches FHD screen is an added advantage of Helios. The other versions of Acer are matchless in front of its ultra-wide display screen.
The 300 Helios Ignite Fusion comes with a 144Hz IPS panel that is suitable for checking the color contrast. If your present laptop is not giving the required speed for running high graphics-intensive tasks, then Helios from the Predator series must be on the top of your buying list.
Apart from its powerful graphics and central processor memory, the laptop model comes with a 4 Zone backlit keyboard. The backlit concave-shaped keycaps and WASD are the two integral keys provided in this laptop.
The Turbo Predator Sense keyboard is an added feature in this model. It helps you speed up your gaming process and edit the image dimensions while sketching the 2D or 3D models.
The bandwidth connectivity of Helios is equally admirable. The user control center is an added advantage of the Helios laptop too.
- 3ms overdrive response, with 300 nit brightness.
- DTSX ultrasound audio system.
- GeForce GTX 2060 GPU processor memory with 6GB DDR6 VRAM + CPU memory.
- Acer True Harmony inbuilt speakers for enhanced audio effect.
- Wireless AX 1650i 802 Wi-Fi available.
- 6 hrs long durable battery (lithium-ion type)
- A bit heavy in comparison to other laptop models, 5 pounds weight.
5. HP ZBook 15G5
- ▌Please Read Before Purchasing ▌This brand new laptop is upgraded from a base model. The manufacturer box is opened and resealed to...
- 64GB DDR4-2400MHz RAM, 2 x 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD+2TB HDD
- 15.6" FHD(1920x1080) Anti-glare Display, Intel UHD 620 Graphics.
HP ZBook 15 must be one of your buying preferences if you’re looking for a CPU processor and integrated GPU processor in your laptop. The primary design of your ZBook is upgraded in this model.
The older version of Zbook lacked certain technical specifications. That’s why the manufacturers took certain precautions while manufacturing this version of ZBook.
The older version’s dedicated DDR4RAM memory was 32GB, but the latest version has 64GB dedicated RAM memory for storing maximum .exe run files. The powerful processor takes less time than the older version to execute a simple task.
In Spite of the 32GB RAM memory, a number of users complained that older versions of ZBook crashed and frequently glitched while multitasking. But, the 64GB DDR4RAM barely shows such symptoms while performing an application.
The multi-tasking skill of this model is quite extraordinary. It runs high graphic intensive exe game files and other heavy tasks instantly. That’s an added advantage of choosing ZBook for AutoCAD applications.
The latest version of HP ZBook comes with a one-year warranty feature. The Intel Core i7 8850H CPU processor memory gives a speed up to 2.6GHz. The 4.3 GHz 9MB L3 cache cleaning system avoids the unnecessary junk files to consume unnecessary space in your laptop system memory.
While it comes to graphics memory, the ZBook 15 comes on the top buying preferences of a buyer. The NVIDIA Quadro P2000 graphics memory has dedicated inbuilt 4GB GDDR5 VRAM to launch heavy exe files and program files in your system.
The ultra-powerful graphics processor assures you to run high definition gaming files, 3D or 2D modeling software and even allows you to run their updates and access the plugin software in your system smoothly.
Apart from its powerful graphics and CPU memory, the 15.6 FHD anti-glare display screen comes with USB 3.1 Type C Thunderbolt which are of 3 types. The 3 USB 3.0, 1 HDMI 2.0 cable, and RJ45 audio jack + fingerprint scanner is an added advantage of this particular model.
- Easy to edit multiple content streams, manipulate complex data for virtual reality.
- 4.3Ghz Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology for fetching heavy exe files smoothly.
- Frequently helps you to access large file data and programs effectively.
- SSD storage upgradeable to 2TB PCLe NVMe + 2TB HDD.
- HP long-life battery with a lithium-ion polymer.
- Military standard 810 G3 certifications.
- The older version of this model may counter with a storage issue on running heavy exe program files.
6. Lenovo ThinkPad P53
- Intel Core i7-8565U 1. 80GHz Processor (8th Gen, upto 4. 60 GHz, 8MB Smart Cache, 4-Cores) ; 16GB DDR4 SODIMM RAM
- NVIDIA Quadro P520 2GB GDDR5 Integrated Graphics
- 15. 6" Full HD (1920x1080) Display; 802. 11ac Wifi, Bluetooth 5. 0, Ethernet LAN (RJ-45), 720p HD Webcam, Fingerprint Security System,...
Looking for a reliable and durable processor memory in your laptop for running high graphics-intensive tasks in your laptop? Then the name of the Lenovo ThinkPad P53 must be in your mind.
This particular model from Lenovo is not the only version of this series. There’s Lenovo ThinkPad P52 also. As a buyer, if this query is coming to your mind, then scroll down to know the differences between ThinkPad P53 and P52 to find the differences between the siblings.
First, let’s sort out the processor memory. The P53 model comes with an i7 4Core 8565U processor, which is quite upgraded, powerful, and faster than the P52 series.
While the elder sibling has i7 Core 8550U CPU processor memory, which is quite an older one in comparison to the latest one.
If your query is about the graphics memory, then know the fact that the P53 model has NVIDIA Quadro P520 graphics memory, whereas the P52 model has NVIDIA P500 graphics memory only. So you see, there lies the difference.
While the older version may face hurdles in running or loading heavy exe graphics-intensive tasks, this model can easily run high graphics intensive exe tasks in your system. That makes this particular model quite a multitasking one.
If you’re a game fanatic as well as a graphics designer who’s into the AutoCAD designing profession, then this laptop model must impress you with its unmatched CPU and GPU memory.
The 15.6 inches full HD display screen comes with an 802.11 ac Wi-Fi facility. The 5.0 Bluetooth with Ethernet LAN gets instantly connected with the available local Wi-Fi device instantly.
Wait, that’s not all! A number of users have complained about the poor WebCam quality in the older version of the model. The manufacturers took this part seriously and added a 720P brilliant webcam in this version that gives a crystal clear view during online video chat conferences.
The picture quality remains uncompromised completely. The added Fingerprint security scanner strengthens your laptop’s security to restrict third party access without your permission.
- 512 GB PCle SSD + 3 2.0 USB port available.
- Ultra-powerful 7th generation 4Core 8565U CPU + Ultra-fast GPU memory.
- 1 HDMI cable, Thunderbolt, and 1 USB type C port with Micro SD Card Reader options.
- 3 Cell 57 W durable lithium-ion battery life available.
- 1-year manufacturing warranty.
- Comes with a Portable USB 3.0 Datahub.
- On buying the older version, system configurations may crash while restarting post an update.
7. Razer Blade 15 [Best In Class]
- More power: The 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor provides the ultimate level of performance with up to 5.0 GHz max turbo and 6...
- Ray-tracing: The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 is powered by the NVIDIA Turing GPU architecture and brings cinematic-quality rendering to the...
- More frames: Incredible performance paired with the fast 144Hz 15. 6" full HD thin bezel display helps edge out the win.
If you have any confusion about which laptop you should buy for the AutoCAD workstation, including Razer Blade’s name is a smart choice for you in many ways.
Perfectly plausible for running 2D and 3D modeling applications, this laptop meets every criterion of yours. Post the annoying comment made by a significant number of users about the previous model of Razer Blade 15, the manufacturers this time took no risk at all.
They made sure to put sufficient alterations in the model from the Razer Blade series. Unlike the previous model’s CPU processor, which was iCore7 9750H only, this one is the latest generation model with an iCore 7 10750 H 6Core processor.
That means it’s quite dependable for multi-tasking. Apart from its undeniable multitasking performance, this particular model helps your system to connect with online servers at an incredible speed while performing other applications effortlessly.
The performance given by this laptop is up to 5.0 Mhz. The turbo clock speed of this laptop assists you in completing your performance easily.
In maximum cases, it has been seen that people looking for enhanced performance is considered as a wise one. The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics memory processor has Max- Q design with dedicated 8GB GDDR6 VRAM that assures real-time ray tracing.
As a game fanatic, you would love this feature, particularly during intense gaming sessions. Apart from playing high-defined online games, if you’re into game development, then also Razer blade 15 is a perfect ‘blade maker’s choice.’
Be it a functional game character or a Navy Seal character you’re framing for the latest version of BattleField:4 or Call of Duty: Modern warfare, etc., the Razer Blade adds sharpness to every inch of it, making it more real.
The unbelievable color resolution of the characters will come to life in its high FPS gaming screen. The 144HZ full HD quality screen has a 1920*1080 display system. The On-screen action is incredibly smooth and fluid.
The thin-bezel system’s colorful and accurate visuals calibrate up to 15.6” display support with 100% sRGB color quality.
- Crafted with anodized CNC aluminum quality, perfect for the rigid and durable frame.
- The amazing portability is an added leverage with this laptop model.
- Dedicated 16GB 2933 Mhz dual channel DDR4 RAM memory + 512 GB PCLe SSD file + 8GB GDDR6 VRAM.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX Graphics with Max-Q design.
- 10th generation 6Core ultra-fast iCore 7 processor with 5.0 turbo boost speed.
- Gigabit Ethernet Support: Wi-Fi 6 compatible, Thunderbolt USB Type C and Type-A port with HDMI cable port options
- Technical specifications of the older version may not be as smart as the newest models.
8. Dell G5 Gaming Laptop
- Lead the pack with an elegant sleek design that keeps heads turning
- An innovative dual-fan cooling system with an advanced thermal design ensures that your system stays cool as the action heats up
- 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) anti-Glare LED backlight non-touch narrow border IPS display
Need an ultra-smart laptop for AutoCAD applications? Then it’s time for you to put your hands on a G5 gaming laptop from Dell. This particular gaming laptop model from Dell is primarily known for its highly interactive features.
As a user, if you need a tool to design, remodel and revive the 2D or 3D models, then this is the one that you need today. Character designing took a giant leap with the advanced versions of AutoCAD for 3D modeling applications.
Nowadays, only software can’t help you to create incredible designs. Rather you need to navigate through the advanced versions of that software to get perfection in your design.
Those heavy tasks need maximum processor memory and a powerful graphics processor. The Dell G5 is the best platform for running those multitasking performances.
Apart from its sleek, elegant design, the particular laptop model is the best one that keeps your head-turning. The innovative dual-fan cooling system is an added advantage for reducing the system from overheating.
The 15.6 inches full FHD LCD screen is known for its enhanced performance. The anti-glare LED backlight non-touch narrow border IPS is quite effective for understanding the right color contrast in the 3D image quality.
The super-powerful GeForce GTX 1650 GDDR5 graphics memory has an integrative 4GB GDDR5 VRAM for fetching all those heavy files in your system.
The innovative dual-fan cooling system comes with advanced thermal cooling technology that optimizes heat while the processor performs high graphics-intensive tasks.
Are you bothered about the system storage memory? No way! The 256GB M.2 PCle NVMe Solid State Drive + 1TB 5400 RPM is quite reliable for storing SATA hard drive chunks.
That’s another advantage of choosing this particular Dell model for running the diverse applications of AutoCAD. Unlike the other ordinary laptop models, this one does not have a very sleek and ordinary look.
The particular laptop model comes with premium metal finish material and has an additional area for palm rest. That makes the laptop model standalone from the other models belonging to the same class.
- Dedicated DDR4 SDRAM for maximum memory storage.
- Huge Hard disk size up to 256 GB.
- Ultra-bright 15.6 inches display screen for maximum graphics resolution effect.
- 16 GB dedicated RAM memory to store a huge chunk of data files.
- 1 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0 ports available for connecting other gadgets with it
- This version does not come with a USB Thunderbolt port.
9. Asus TUF FX505GT Gaming Laptop
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB with ROG Boost
- Intel Core i5-9300H Processor
- 15.6” FHD (1920x1080) IPS-Type display
Looking for a reliable laptop for performing high graphics-intensive tasks? Then the name of Asus must be on the top of your buying list. This particular laptop model is a smart fit in your buying list because of many reasons.
Apart from being a gamer, if you’re into the profession of gaming development, this laptop is a matchless choice in many ways. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 processor has an inbuilt 4GB VRAM.
The iCore5 9300H processor with a 15.6” inches IPS Type display screen helps you analyze the right model while editing for reshaping a model. Ordinary laptops may crash while performing such multiple tasks.
But you can barely expect such instances with Asus TUF Gaming. The 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD has sufficient storage capacity for saving multiple excel files. Accessing them is even easier with the Asus TUF gaming laptop series.
Apart from its powerful processor memory, the Asus laptop comes with 8GB DDR4 RAM memory. The 2666MHz speed fetches maximum exe files smoothly.
Going by the critics’ viewpoint, this model from Asus is a blended version of HP and Lenovo specifically developed for advanced versions of AutoCAD workstations.
The military-grade MIL-STD-810 G Reliable RGB keyboard is suitable for standing apart from the competition. When it comes to storage, you’ll be pleased to know that this laptop comes with 8GB system memory RAM that has an option to upgrade as per your required preferences.
If you’re willing to save a chunk of huge files on your laptop safely, then nothing can be a more effective option than this one. The 512GB SSD storage unit with ultra-fast NVMe support comes with an option to run Windows 10 OS.
The system configurations are also quite smart enough to quickly update your system without letting the system crash post a booting process.
- Military-grade durable chassis.
- Gen 1 USB 3.2, USB 2.0 RJ45 LAN, HDMI 2.0 audio jack.
- Excellent cooling technology.
- IGPU and dedicated GPU with durable long-life battery span.
- Sufficient storage memory space for fetching huge program files.
- Comes within 700-800 USD$, quite cheap in comparison to HP and Lenovo models.
- The battery life span is not a very reliable one.
10. Lenovo L340 Ideapad
- 9th Gen Intel Core i5-9300H Processor (Quad-Core, 2.4 GHz Up to 4.1GHz, 8MB Cache), 16GB DDR4 Memory, 512GB SSD
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Widescreen LED-backlit Display, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB
- 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet, 802_11_AC, Bluetooth 4.2, Card Reader, HD Audio with Stereo Speakers, Webcam
The name of Lenovo Ideapad comes up when you’re looking for a reliable laptop for your home for intense gaming sessions. One such laptop is a smart choice for those who need an expert for intensive gaming sessions.
Buyers often confuse the older version of the L340 IdeaPad from Lenovo, and that’s where the problem begins. As a smart buyer, you must avoid such mistakes and rather try buying a laptop that meets the technical criteria you’re looking for running the advanced versions of the AutoCAD application.
The 9th generation Intel Core i5 processor memory comes with IdeaPad L340. The gaming option in it provides you an option to outshoot, outrun, and outsmart other laptop models easily.
The 8GB DDR4 RAM is sufficient for saving a huge chunk of data files in your system memory. The powerful processor can fetch them all with your single click.
The major problem shows up while you’re looking for a reliable GPU processor memory for running the advanced versions of AutoCAD software applications.
That’s why the IdeaPad from Lenovo L340 comes with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics memory with in-built 4GB VRAM. Such a dedicated VRAM memory helps you to run high definition online games, edit multiple 3D and 2D models on your laptop without a single glitch.
That’s not all; the Ethernet 802_11_AC is an added advantage of this laptop model. It helps your machine to connect with the local area’s internet network instantly.
Unlike other laptop models, it barely takes time to find and searching the local area network to connect with the available devices. The 2USB 3.0 Type-A and USB 3.0 Type C with HDMI 2.0 cable port option helps you connect multiple gadgets with your laptop to transfer multiple files and data at an incredibly high speed.
The IdeaPad’s full size backlit keyboard is an added asset for enjoying unlimited high definition gaming sessions on your laptop.
- 2 USB 3.0 Type A, 1 Type C, and HDMI 2.0 cable with headphone/microphone at a combo jack option.
- Comes with HD audio + stereo speaker.
- 512GB NVMe SSD card option.
- Comes with a brilliant 15.6 inches display screen.
- Comes with in-Plane switching technology.
- Extremely powerful CPU processor for running high graphics-intensive tasks + reliable GPU memory with 4GB VRAM support.
- RAM memory is suitable for running basic versions of the AutoCAD application.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
In Spite of browsing the buying information multiple times, it has been noted that the buyers fail to choose the right laptop version for themselves.
That’s when it will be difficult for them to choose the best laptops for running AutoCAD in 2021. To ease the problems, we have scheduled a list of the common questions frequently asked by the buyers often. They’re:
1. Which laptop is suitable for running AutoCAD?
Since you’re looking for the best laptop for the AutoCAD application in 2021, you need to choose the following laptop models from the below-mentioned list, they’re:
- Asus TUF R5 3550 H CPU Processor
- Lenovo 3 with i5 10300 H CPU processor
- Dell G3 i5 10300 H processor
- Lenovo IdeaPad L340 i5 9340H processor memory
2. How much RAM do you need for running an AutoCAD application?
The AutoCAD application needs 8GB RAM memory. It’s an added advantage if your system has pre-installed VRAM graphics RAM in your laptop to run the 3D or 2D modeling and designing on your laptop. While searching for the best laptop for AutoCAD, this factor must not be overlooked at all by any means.
3. Do you compulsorily need a graphics memory for running AutoCAD?
Generally, there’s a misconception among the buyers. They believe that AutoCAD needs graphics memory to run in your system. But the fact is completely different. You need a graphics memory in your system to run the editing actions associated with the advanced version of 3D models on your laptop.
That’s because running AutoCAD requires your CPU memory. It’s a CPU intensive task. The VRAM you need for running AutoCAD is 128 MB. That’s always pre-installed in your CPU always. It’s the only thing that you must be looking for while searching for the best laptop for running AutoCAD applications in your system.
4. Is the i3 Processor sufficient for running AutoCAD on your laptop?
Well, as much the requirement is concerned, i3 processor is sufficient for running AutoCAD in your system laptop. The IntelCore 15 is quite capable of running AutoCAD 2018 software applications.
If you’re planning to run it, the 2GB graphics card memory comes with a minimum of 6GB RAM. The Core i5 processor is always considered a wise one in the long run.
5. What kind of graphics card is sufficient for running AutoCAD?
You need the Autodesk graphics specs like 1920*1080 or True Color Video display adapter. 128 MB VRAM is spellbound. Pixel Shader 3.0is quite a smart option. Direct 3D capable workstation is another smart choice for running AutoCAD software in your system.
If the VRAM is 2GB above, then it’s perfectly fine for executing basic 3D modeling applications in your system. These are the basic graphics requirements you need in your system if your search is related to the AutoCAD application’s best laptops in 2021.
While looking for the best laptops for AutoCAD software on your laptop, you will always find plenty of laptops available for buying. As a smart buyer, you must have the eye to trace the correct laptop for yourself.
While analyzing those, you must take the online platforms’ genuine reviews about the laptop models available for sale. Always choose a model that fits your budget and meets all the technical specifications and requirements needed for running AutoCAD application software in your system. As a newbie buyer, you may think of taking chances that are the worst.
Instead, spend some time analyzing the published reviews and the product lit provided by the experts on the laptops for the AutoCAD application in 2021. That might help you differentiate between the laptops you need and the laptops that the salesmen are trying to sell you.